Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Update testosterone  (Read 2081 times)

Keepgoing

Update testosterone
« on: December 19, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »

Hi

After 3 months on tostran and with my level starting at 1, I got my results back and my new levels of testosterone are now 6.2. I'm definitely feeling like my old self but I'm thinking this is a wee bit high but not sure, nurse doesn't know and I haven't heard from doctor so maybe ok. Past week I have reduced from a sweetcorn kernel to a petit pois pea size, just in case lol.

If docs not worried neither am I cause I feel great and no horrible side effects 😁

Xxx

Hurdity

Re: Update testosterone
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 05:38:48 PM »

Hi there Keepgoing - glad you are feeling better on the T! It will be interesting to see whether you notice any changes over the next 3 months. What oestrogen are you on and do you know what your levels of this hormone are too? I can't find a definitive guide to the reference range for testosterone levels in women. GP notebook isn't letting me in (it sometimes does!) but the GP notebook ref range comes up on Google as 0.8 - 3.1 and I think this is n mol/l? I presume this is free testosterone? Hopefully someone else knows more about this than I do!! I never really looked into it because gynae didn't measure mine and said it wasn't necessary but I can see it's important to know you're not taking too much! Another site gives 15-70 ng/dl - an American site maybe? http://www.healthline.com/health/low-testosterone/testosterone-levels-by-age

Hope you continue to feel well and without side effects :)

Hurdity x

Keepgoing

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »

Hi hurdity

Thanks for trying to find it lol.

I am on estrogel 3 pumps, don't know my levels as nurse said don't need to as I am obviously doing well on it with no symptoms.

Also on utrogestan 100mg for 10 days vaginally and always have a normal bleed every month.

Doctor said they would be in touch if my T was to high, so if I don't hear anything al continue what I have been doing.

Bloods were done on the 7th December so might still hear from them 😩 Lol.

It's so amazing the difference the T has made to my life...I'm happy again

Xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »

My test result was 0.9 nmol/l (0.00-1.8nmol/l)

It didn't say if it was free T or for women

X

Keepgoing

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »

I don't know if it's free T either Annie lol I'm sure al find out if it's too high from doc xxx

Blakeygray

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »

Hi keepgoing, this is good news and I'm happy for you. It will help those of us who have to persuade our gps that testosterone isn't the devils work,   nor will it turn us into rampant hairy monsters.

Keepgoing

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 08:42:24 PM »

😂😂😂😂 rampant hairy monsters...good one xx

Tempest

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »

I'm so happy for you, Keepgoing! Yay!!!!! :)

My T level last January was 0.6. I can categorically say that it MUST be lower now as I feel like dirt, and my Consultant won't budge on prescribing due to 'the hairy monster' thing until my E is somewhere near satisfactory which is ne'er nigh impossible on the patches. I know I'm not absorbing them as boobs still like a marble in a sock, joint pains atrocious and rampant insomnia (nearly 2 months on them now).

You give me HOPE though. I do still have my prescription from Professor Studd if all else fails. Just trying to give my Consultant her due though, although she doesn't seem overly keen on using T even in oopherectomised ladies which was a bit of a surprise considering, I can tell you! It may be back to the gel for me too. At least I was absorbing it, just praying if I do that I don't get a rash again.

Keep posting positive news - it makes my day! :) :) :)

Hugs,

Tempest xxxx

Keepgoing

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 10:42:13 PM »

Awww thank you tempest such a lovely post especially as I know your struggling at the moment...I do hope you get sorted with something soon, as I can testify when it works it really is like night and day...you keep posting too and let us all know how your doing.  I hope to be reading your happy posts when you find the magic that works for you.

Take care xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 02:37:26 PM »

it is interesting how they all vary re the T isn't it - Studd has been keen on it and has been prescribing it for years, but your consultant Tempest I think is the one who was Chair of the NICE Guidelines and also a Prof so equally eminent..... I somehow feel this discrepancy is due to there being no definitive papers etc on the subject nor product/dosage for women, nor long term trials - so it really is experimental - our taking this and probably especially at my age! I'm certainly not a rampant hairy monster either though  ;D !!

Hurdity x

Keepgoing

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 05:30:58 PM »

I agree hurdity I think all woman who need testosterone should be given it to at least try and see if it helps. All 3 hormones are dropping with the meno so why only give us 2!! Xx

peri

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 06:09:55 PM »

I saw Julie Ayres at the menopause clinic at St James last week and she was anti testosterone as she didn't think it was safe.  I've got to say I don't agree especially as I got it on the nhs over 3 years ago.  I think everyone should be allowed to try it if failing libido/response is an issue, it makes a massive difference to quality of life.