Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Residue of vaginal progesterone...?  (Read 2254 times)

matildamouse

Residue of vaginal progesterone...?
« on: December 20, 2016, 12:21:12 AM »

:o My husband recently discovered a "lost" progesterone capsule  in our bed one morning...the one who got aqway ;-) . I was quite shocked as I insert it just before I go to sleep and then do not get up for another 4-5 hours when my bladder requires me to do. THis morning I saw some residue of the tablet in the toilet like it did not dissolve properly. Now I am wondering whether it has happened in the past as well and I just did not notice...Anyone of you noticed this issue with vaginal progesterone before?

I am due for my ultrasound today anyway so just a good thing. A bit worried as well as I often have vague period-like cramping which comes and goes but might be IBS related as well as I have adhesions due to previous abdominal surgery. Previous scan showed multiple minor fibroids with one biggish one. Really hope the fibroids and lining have behaved on the Estradot 50mcgh patch and Prometrium regime as I feel reasonably sorted on this regime for the first time in 2 years...

Dana

Re: Residue of vaginal progesterone...?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 05:30:32 AM »

From my experience of Utrogestan I think it would be pretty hard for one to just "fall out". Probably the one that your husband found is one that you may have accidentally dropped without realising it (you know - meno brain and all that..lol..). It would also be very evident that it had been previously inserted as those utrogestan capsules go "mucky" very quickly on insertion. Also it is normal for a some of the "residue" to come out with the first pee in the morning. I think all is okay, but good to have a scan just to make sure.

matildamouse

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »

Thanks Dana, your response makes so much sense.

Had my ultrasound and based on my observation I did not find the sonographer too concerned about anything...I directly asked him whether my fibroids had grown in size and his response was "if they did, it is minimal". Also asked re lining and he said he thinks it is "okay" but radiographer must still look and will compare it with April's ultrasound etc.

I feel a bit more at ease in general but will wait for report to GP.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »

I occasionally had one slip out, usually wind assisted  :o  :-X