Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: suffering in silence  (Read 4192 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: suffering in silence
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 08:22:27 PM »

The medication I found worked for bad period pains was Feminax - taken 2 days prior to an expected bleed.  Which doesn't help when 1 isn't getting the bleed.  The drug was withdrawn for a few years in the 1970s and then re-introduced.  It was my go-to!

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 08:51:53 PM »

Hi kaz s - if the nurse was no help then please make an appointment with the doctor so that you can be properly checked out and something prescribed or recommended if necessary. Nurses can only do so much.

Hurdity x

MabelBabel

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 09:00:59 PM »

Hi Kaz,

I'm in a similar place. Had my last period at beginning of Sept, nothing since. Still getting cramps, which aren't troublesome, but my nipples are very painful and breasts feel so heavy and tender. I also had a night of zero sleep last Friday with flushes, sweats, itching, joint and muscle pain, anxiety in my chest...God it was miserable!

For pain I have different drugs for different things. Amiltriptiline, which helps with nerve type pain (I have a slightly compressed spine so this is mainly for that) and with sleep, it is brilliant at helping with sleep but don't take after 8pm till you are used to it or it can wipe you out the next day. Tramadol which I use now and then when my joint/muscle pain is bad. I always take it with paracetamol (helps with effectiveness of Tram apparently) and ibuprofen. I react badly to opioids so I take an anti sickness with it called Cyclizine which is brilliant. Some people are wary of taking opioids but if used correctly for short term or occasional use they are a life saver.

You are not alone!

Pages: 1 [2]