Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT Patches, bleeding  (Read 2775 times)

OldCrowbag

HRT Patches, bleeding
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:26:57 PM »

I have been on conti patches for approx 6 months now.  I had a merina, which was removed as I started the patches as had problems.  Not had periods for approx 5 years with the Merina.

More recently I am having like small periods, having to wear pant linet type towel, breast tenderness and period type pains, is this normal please, I have been told at end of menopause.  Thanks xx

Dancinggirl

Re: HRT Patches, bleeding
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 09:05:40 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
Probably get back to the GP as a scan may be necessary.  Sometimes with the patches the hormones don't absorb consistently and this could allow the womb lining to build up.  There may be nothing really wrong but it's best to get things checked.  The Mirena is often the best way to ensure a bleed free HRT regime. DG x

OldCrowbag

Re: HRT Patches, bleeding
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »

had Merina for 5 years but was taken out as started to have problems, had scan and was advised to have it removed.  Blood tests showed am late menopause so was offered patches.  Had no probs with them, other than the bleeding more recently, along with period type pain.  am wondering if this is just body adjusting.  will mention to docs though, thnks for your reply x