Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Prempak-C - delay period advice  (Read 1122 times)

Fimble

Prempak-C - delay period advice
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:28:22 AM »

Hi ladies, I have recently returned from 2 weeks in Greece and saw on this forum that if I took the progesterone tablets for an extra few days this would delay my period whilst away. I spoke to my GP and he said I was ok to do this as a week into a new pack (estrogen only) my period starts. This worked but I find that a few days into my new pack I have some of the symptoms I had before starting HRT back in April, feeling lightheaded and a bit wobbly. Does anyone know if this is normal and if there is anything I can do to help? I am on 1.25mg which I have been told is the highest dose of Prempak-C.
Thank you  :)

Fimble

Re: Prempak-C - delay period advice
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »

Thank you for the advice, just wish I'd posted this before! I think my doctor just agreed and went along with what I told him. Will my taking the progesterone for longer have upset things?

Hurdity

Re: Prempak-C - delay period advice
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 07:59:17 PM »

If you are still peri-menopausal and your cycle is strong then maybe this is breaking through so you are feeling the effects of this + the HRT? Could be that your cycle is now out of sync? However that is a high dose of HRT so hopefully will get back to normal soon? See when your bleed happens over the next couple of months and if necessary you might have to make some minor adjustments to your cycle?

Sometimes if you delay taking the progesterone - and try to prevent a period by continuing oestrogen only - you would get a bleed anyway (due to your own cycle). This will likely happen if early peri. If post-meno then continuing with the oestrogen only will defo almost always do as Stellajane says.

Hurdity x