Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Increased estrogel....ENORMOUS BOOBS...what to do?  (Read 10457 times)

Tempest

Re: Increased estrogel....ENORMOUS BOOBS...what to do?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 09:06:01 PM »

I'm thinking it's because we're using pure Estradiol - the most potent form of estrogen there is.

I know in the States where it's relatively common for women to use bi-est or tri-est (estradiol/estriol/estrone) that they can tailor their HRT to get around this issue.

It would be good if we had more approved combo's available to us as not everyone feels best on just straight estradiol and our only other alternative is conjugated equine estrogens which are primarily estrone-like.

My own experience of Premarin (I tried it again whilst I was taking a break from the forum) was that it results in less breast density and no fluid retention. I get both on estradiol (but then Premarin makes me very dizzy and nauseous - a shame really as my mood was fantastic on it)! xxxx

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 10:37:04 AM »

Thanks all

As I've said, my boobs aren't painful or sore. They're just heavy and big. Both of which are unpleasant, so i'm going to try and reduce the estrogel. I have a v small waist still and tiny back (30) and so feel that they are all on show.

Hurdity, I think i will have my levels tested again soon. They were v v v low which is why I was put back on Estrogel and not patch (wasn't absorbing). But I'm hoping that they are much higher now. I do feel better emotionally.

Just as a caveat, I do dislike the talk of 'manly' features in menopausal woman. Someone else mentioned it on another thread. I don't think we should bring that into discussion about how a menopausal woman's looks change.

Wilks

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 10:45:07 AM »

Hi, I'm sure that Hurdity wasn't implying that post-menopausal women look manly. I think she meant that some of us have a more androgynous shape after menopause because the waist can thicken relative to the hips. I've never in my life had a figure that goes in at the waist and out at the hips, I have quite an androgynous shape as my hips are narrow. At least I did have an androgynous shape until my boobs got big on HRT 😆

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »

I wasn't calling out Hurdity. I've read it elsewhere - a woman's manly facial appearance, manly facial hair.

I find it irritating. Androgynous is better, for sure. I'd be very happy with an androgynous shape right now.

Sorry, we all have our pet peeves.

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2018, 06:20:21 AM »

Hey Noheroicsplease - I'm sorry to read that you are peeved by my description of myself and my shape on your thread – sometimes I just like to talk in plain language in a light-hearted way! Our oestrogen declines faster than our testosterone post menopause so the ratio changes, and this has consequences.

Androgynous - is probably not the right word either for what I was saying anyway – as this description might refer to a whole body (or person?) – ie having female and male-like features, whereas I was referring specifically to the straight up and down shape ie waist and hips (excluding boobs!!) – which is how it is!!

When you read about body shape we are usually referred to (in the literature and articles) as becoming more “apple” then “pear” shaped as fat distribution changes at menopause (whatever the cause) but personally I find that quite insulting as it implies roly-poly fat shape!!! As I am not that – I preferred my description of my shape!! Hey ho!

Anyway – having just seen these posts, I thought perhaps I would explain - but most importantly I do hope you are feeling more comfortable now that you have reduced the number of pumps of gel.

As always wishing you all the best ...

Hurdity x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 06:47:31 PM »

No worries, Hurdity.

I do, actually, feel ok on less estrogel.

And of course, i know you are always wishing us all the best

x

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 07:30:17 PM »

:)

:foryou:

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]