Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Symptoms  (Read 2392 times)

Debs165

Symptoms
« on: September 02, 2016, 05:57:34 PM »

Me again!

Does anyone get really achy bones and headaches? also the feelings of a cold coming on, feeling nausea and getting really grouchy with their loved ones?

This is becoming crazy and feel like I am in a maze with all these possible symptoms and they seem never ending and constantly changing... :(

Debs x

Debs165

Re: Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »

Hi Menomale

I am going to go to the GP Monday and see what she says, hopefully try and get this sorted...in some form or other!

Also feelings of really hot and so emotional!

Debs x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 09:20:44 PM »

I'm post meno by nearly 2 years according to blood tests and my symptoms still come and go , ironically the same ones you are describing, I'm on a headache and nausea roll at present, and terrible mood swings, have pee'd OH off this afternoon by snapping so have had a very quiet evening

Annie x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 03:48:07 PM »

Annie0710

Unfortunately blood tests cannot tell you conclusively whether or not you are post-menopausal because the values vary so much, and as you've had a hysterectomy, impossible to tell from your menstrual cycle! It may well be that you are still having some sort of cycle. Also, although oestrogen levels on average drop to their final low level approximately two years after menopause, I gather that during this time (and beyond) you will still cycle to a small extent - but not enough to ovulate. I am not exactly clear about what is going on at this point!

Any symptoms that persist - as Menomale says - is worth checking out with the doc and if other conditions are excluded then you can safely assume it's the jolly peri-menopause!

Hurdity x

Hurdity x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 08:28:49 PM »

I have had numerous tests Hurdity for other possible causes and nothing come up apart from low b12 but I think I have that sorted now

I agree with you on the hormone tests but that was all I had to go by

Before the hysterectomy I'd always get sore breasts around ovulation and after the op my oestrogen dropped and the symptoms started, then on hrt they stopped but I noticed from then on I'd only get sore breasts maybe every 4 months or so, I haven't had sore breasts for a couple of years now so that ties in with their test results

Annie x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 12:26:40 PM »

I think menopause kick starts all kinds of problems that we really don't want! i.e. allergies can increase; oestrogen drop off can cause aches and pains ….

Have a  :bighug: