Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post Menopausal  (Read 9057 times)

dazned

Re: Post Menopausal
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »

Mirtazapine worked for me,knocked all anxiety,palps,etc on the head within the week,also helped with my insomnia too. I know some dont get on with it though so horses for courses  ;)
This year Ive been able to do so much that last year would have been unimaginable !

Been to USA,bought/sold a house,moved ,drove 5hrs on a motorway for the first time!  :o

At one point before I was a wreck who couldn't even move off the sofa....... :-\

kpatton56

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »

That is great Dazned 😀👍

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 05:22:25 PM »

Lesley I'm at least three years post menopause & recently - this year started to get very anxious especially on waking. I am also getting hot sweats in bed as if my thermostat has gone wonky. I wasn't bothered with hot flushes during menopause - one or two, but not this.

I have been prescribed the same as you, but read the side effects & am too scared to take it & I want to get to the root of what's causing it, but seems that theer is scant available on the NHS ie talking therapy at the moment. I don't drink coffee after 8pm, I've cut out quite a lot of sugar & am quite active, I rarely drink.

I have been depressed in the past, but this panic on waking is newish for me. I've been taking Kalm tablets recently.

I asked the female GP if it was hormone related & she scoffed & said, not after all this time. So she wouldn't even consider that as a cause.

I'm due a blood test to check testosterone levels this month and when I looked up symptoms anxiety and low mood is one of them and low T is common after menopause

It wouldn't hurt to get yours checked, I really hope this is the cause of mine and I get treatment and then feel better

Annie X

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 05:23:48 PM »

Mirtazapine worked for me,knocked all anxiety,palps,etc on the head within the week,also helped with my insomnia too. I know some dont get on with it though so horses for courses  ;)
This year Ive been able to do so much that last year would have been unimaginable !

Been to USA,bought/sold a house,moved ,drove 5hrs on a motorway for the first time!  :o

At one point before I was a wreck who couldn't even move off the sofa....... :-\
Wow, I love hearing success stories

Hope you continue to feel well

Annie x

Mardy

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 05:59:10 PM »

Hi Annie - I'll see what they say as it's hard sometimes to get listened to.

dazned

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 06:23:30 PM »

:thankyou:

Annie ,Katie  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 06:33:18 PM »

Hi Annie - I'll see what they say as it's hard sometimes to get listened to.

I'd been asking for a test since joining here last year and they ignored my requests then in June they employed a well woman nurse and she called me in to review my hrt and was shocked no one had tested it as if had a hysterectomy years ago

Ask them til they're sick of your voice

Annie x

Mardy

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 06:35:32 PM »

Thanks - I'll do that.

Meg

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 12:40:55 AM »

Mardy, it makes me so upset and mad that GP's scoff at symptoms.  Of course menopause symptoms go on and on it is a fact for most women but still taboo.  Good luck with whatever route you go down.

Meg

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »

Hi Lesley49

Many women only begin to suffer anxiety and low mood during peri-menopause and post-menopause and maybe your father's illness triggered it, combined with low hormones.

I agree with Taz that it could well be the norethisterone in the Kliovance causing the anxiety - or making you feel worse than you would expect to feel due to your circumstances.

If it is the side effects of the HRT - then you should not have been prescribed anti-depressants to take away problems caused by the HRT!!!! Low-grade "progestogenic side effects" are very common amongst women who take continuous combined HRT in post-menopause. As you (presumably) had not taken HRT before then getting used to the oestrogen and the synthetic progestogen is more difficult.

Many of us on here prefer to take HRT on a cycle well into post-menopause ( including me at 63!) because we don;t want to have these side effects all the time. The downside of course is having a bleed which is a pain - but for those of us who have oited to do this is the lesser of two evils.

I agree with Taz (I think she said this - on the other page - can't see it now!), that Femoston is better tolerated and ideally Femoston 1/10 to start with - but you will get a withdrawal bleed. You could just try Femoston conti (1/5 low dose - not ultra-low) and see how you feel. Ideally if it is due to your hormones and side effects from the HRT - you want to try to wean off the ADs if you can. Of course it may well be due to your life circumstances that you describe but do try to settle onto the right HRT first. Some women get anxiety at this point in life despite HRT so could be an age thing?

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Mardy

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 09:04:59 PM »

Mardy, it makes me so upset and mad that GP's scoff at symptoms.  Of course menopause symptoms go on and on it is a fact for most women but still taboo.  Good luck with whatever route you go down.

Meg

Hi Meg - I've felt terrible since being there, but I have another appointment on Thursday, with a different Doc.

I feel a bit anxious - a lot anxious most of the time, but will have to bear with it.

dulciana

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:06 AM »

Meg

Really, honestly, just wait until they (the female ones, that is!) go through this, too.   :-\
Pages: 1 [2]