Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New member and frightened  (Read 2295 times)

Janeymode

New member and frightened
« on: July 24, 2016, 10:48:10 AM »

Hello, I'm a new member (well I've just returned really) and I'm frightened of what is happening to my body

My doctor diagnosed peri menopause 2 years ago and since then I've had numerous examinations and tests...I don't have fibroids but every few cycles (I can't call them months any longer) the pain and blood loss is crippling...my doctor gave me tranexamic acid which works but I'm scared of the clotting...almost 20 years ago I was hospitalised with a blood clot on my heart and I'm worried about that happening again...I had brown discharge for almost 4 weeks and then it stopped for 2 days only for me to start bleeding heavily...the tablets stopped it but it's started again though not as heavy this time...I couldn't tell you when my last actual period was...I can't tell anymore...I sweat so bad at night that it wakes me up and I've started getting a panic feeling followed by sweating during the day...I know all of this is "normal" but it's really scaring me.

I am already on antidepressants but I honestly feel like I'm not in control of my own body and I want to be

Sorry to ramble but once I started writing I couldn't stop...I have nobody to talk to about it and my doctor gave me the name of this site   

Forgot to say I'll be 50 in August
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:02:05 AM by Janeymode »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New member and frightened
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 11:11:20 AM »

You ramble on, you are amongst friend here.  I am sure that someone will suggest a Mirena coil but as I have little knowledge of HRT etc., wait until another member pops up: or use the 'search' button for Mirena and see what advice others have been given?

The Change can arrive as a SHOCK  >:(.  hORMONES  >:(  ::)

Normal doesn't mean it is pleasant!  But there is help out there, can be a bit Trial and Error so ask away.  Browse round.  Make notes and maybe keep a mood/food/bleed diary?

Janeymode

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »

Thank you...it's all so daunting...the thing that is bothering me most is the night sweats so I'm reading up on that here...I got some sage leaf tablets but I want to read up on them before taking them...it's costing me a fortune in washing powder and bed linen  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 11:14:47 AM »

Some Members find a 'chillow' pillow helpful.  So another 'search' opportunity  ::).

:bighug:

Janice68

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »

Bless you Janeymode a hard and worrying journey isn't it? The whole health anxiety it causes its unbelievable!!

Welcome to MM your in the right place here so many understanding ladies and people who can relate too.

I'm on ADs too and they  help with the anxiety part of it and stopped my panic attacks!
Otherwise I do the rest myself as I can't take hrt. Except for vagifem that is.

Other ladies will be along to give advice I'm sure.  Im monitoring myself on the bleeding side of things at the moment.
Are you going back to your doctor about your bleeding?
Jan x

Janeymode

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 11:54:32 AM »

Thank you

I'm making an appointment for the coming week because I want the bleeding to stop...I don't like the idea of the coil...everything is so painful I really don't fancy anything else going on down there...I'd rather manage with help from my GP and others...if I can but I'm not ruling anything out.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

laquesabe

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 07:59:06 AM »

Yes ! It is frightening isnt it and i am so grateful to have found this forum to write and share on. And cry too. Your post made me cry but in a good way, its a relief. Not to hear your suffering of course but at I think i am crying at the empathy and support here. And lately i just want to cry at lots of things.
Its like I hit 50 and menopause flew in and hit me, took me right off of my feet. Its scary . I went to the Dr needing advice and he offered me AD's without a blink of an eye ! I was so shocked that his automatic diagnosis was 'low mood' and his answer was to saddle me to big pharma.
I dont need AD's personally and i asked him for a counselling support session which I now have. I feel i can go there with my unpredictable, scary symptoms and weep and it will be ok.
And of course i can come here and share with you lovely ladies too and not feel like I need to be 'treated'.  :)

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 08:20:53 AM »

hello to both you two newbies, don't be scared you are not alone and there are a lot of ladies who will offer support and advice.

I haven't used HRT myself but from reading posts here it seems that in cases like yours it can be very helpful and I am surprised you were not offered this first instead of antidepressants.  Could you go back and have a chat with your GP about this?

laquesabe

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 08:28:30 AM »

Hi. I was and still am a bit shocked at being offered AD's so randomly. I had a chat with him and told him my thoughts about medications and I think he understands me better now. to be fair this was a Dr that i had not seen before but i wish he had chatted to me first and got to know me and respected my thoughts about pharmaceuticals . I resent being treated like a sheep and more so a menopausal sheep :-\
like i said, forums like this are fantastic ways of learning and sharing information. I am really grateful to be here   :)

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 08:31:51 AM »

it's nice to have you.  I am sure I would not have got through menopause as well as I have without all that I have learned on this forum over the years.  It has stopped me running to my doctor with every question and worry as a lot of what worried me I learned was quite normal for this time of life.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 12:43:05 PM »

Taking a list with you can be helpful.  GPs are not supposed to offer ADs for menopause treatment, maybe direct him to this Site Laquesabe ?

However, some ADs can ease some symptoms.  As can HRT.  It is rather Trial and Error which is why being here can be useful.  Browse round ;-).

Michelle46

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 01:19:03 AM »

Hi ladies
I am new to this site and I must say everyone is so helpful. I am 46 and have been on HRT for 4 months now. The sweats have gone but I suffer with fast heartbeat,jittery/buzzing/tingly body. I don't seem to be able to calm down. I am having cbt therapy. My doctor is so unhelpful when I ask if my Hrt is not balanced. Any advice would be great x