Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Big mood drop after evorel sequi - please help  (Read 2528 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Big mood drop after evorel sequi - please help
« on: July 23, 2016, 12:37:39 PM »

Just completed my 2nd month on evorel sequi and had a massive drop in mood.
The first month I had ups and downs and started my bleed on day 4 of combi patch.  After the combi patch had finished I had 5 okay ish days. 
This month my bleed started on day 12 of combi patch and the slump since then has been massive. The day I started bleeding, I felt withdrawn and quiet but now I am in permanent tears and don't think I've felt as low as this for a long while.

Some of my best days are on the combi patch so I really don't think I'm seriously intolerant but I was in planning on swapping over to the pill but now I'm worried about it.

This doesn't feel like PMT, it feels like rock bottom but I know it will pass.

I don't see the gyny until 18th Aug, so am worried as to what to do until then.  I'm on the oestrogen only patch at the moment but was thinking it may be the build up of the synthetic progesterone or the massive drop that's caused this.

I was going to wait until I see the gyny to request the pill as my gp won't prescribe me anything as I'm seeing the gyny privately. Now I'm wondering if I should continue with the patches and see if I fair better with the utrogestan with I have used before. 

Then because I know I am not right, I end up ruminating to find a solution, then I end up feeling guilty because I ignore my lovely kids and husband.

Lizab

Re: Big mood drop after evorel sequi - please help
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 04:41:35 PM »

I'm not on the same hrt, but relate to your experience. My first month was very up and down, every month since has become more level. For a few months I felt better during estrogen + progesterone days. Now, about 7 months in, I only have very slight dips, and my estrogen only days seem to be the best in terms of energy and emotions. All this to say I think it takes time to adjust. If aside from feeling the dips, you are doing well, I would give it more time. I'm actually considering asking for the sequi patches now that I'm more settled on the utro and patches. I think having it all in the form of patches seems very convenient.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 06:31:20 PM »

Hi Lizab
Thanks for your reply.
I think my problem is that when going straight onto patches and then combi, I had 20 good days. But this month, I seem to have less good days.

I know it all takes time, so here's hoping that I pick up soon. Today was a foggy, groggy and very very low mood.

The only thing I would say about the combi patch is that they are synthetic progesterone whereas the utrogestan is closest to our body's own. I'm sure that's right.

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 02:47:19 AM »

Was there a dosage change in the estrogen? I don't know much about the synthetic progestins, except that I think they can't even compare doses to utrogestan doses. I think the progestins are so much stronger in their effect (on the uterus, not considering side effects) that they require a much smaller dose than the utro. If I have all that right, then in theory I could imagine that some people who have difficulty with the utro would actully fare better with the more potent but smaller doses of synthetics. The utro is tolerable for me, but I definitely feel the ups and downs of it. Goodness, it's a minefield, this hrt. I hope things work out for you soon.