Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Prague another shooting  (Read 106325 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nice :-( - Munich - next?
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2019, 11:20:07 AM »

NHS trusts, local councils and police forces are to have a legal duty to help prevent and tackle serious violence, including knife crime.

Under plans being announced by the home secretary, public bodies in England and Wales will have to share data, intelligence and knowledge.

How is the NHS supposed to stop crime of any kind  :-\

Cars running into crowds in the last 36 hours - Police say not terrorist motivated.  But causing fear is terrorism under the Law  :-\.  Not once have parents been cited as stopping knife or other violent crimes - surely some of the perpetrators have parents?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:22:00 AM by CLKD »

Foxylady

Re: NHS must prevent knife crime ? [Nice :-( - ]
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »

A&E most likely, sharing information in relation to serious injuries, knives, guns, gangs etc. Amazing the things you can find out!!

Sparrow

« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »

I thought that if someone turned up in A&E with a knife wound, the police were called anyway.

Is that right?  Perhaps someone here knows.

CLKD

« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »

The headline reads that the NHS must prevent ........... lots of thugs are treating their own knife wounds so that they don't get picked up. 

It's the 'must prevent' that I don't understand.  Where are the parents in all this!

Foxylady

« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »

Parents, alot know their rights but take no responsibility!!
That's supposed to happen re Police being called.

CLKD

« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2019, 08:04:34 PM »

Parents seem scared of their kids these days  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »

Lack of respect?  We were raised to treat our elders with respect ......... village police man on a bike would get the news home quicker than I could run.  We had to keep to strict times to be home by or ELSE. 

We had screech alarms, anyone remember those? 

Woodlands

« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2019, 09:59:42 PM »

Hi there.
NHS staff do have a duty of care to call the police with knife and gun crime. I remember looking after my first shooting victim in nursing in my 20 's I'm now 56, back then it was rare sadly not so now.
In schools many in kids in London go through scanners before entering for lessons etc radicalisation is on the increase.. Its a sad world we live in... Parents only have so much influence on their kids look at my DD and im a knowledge mother.
Woodlands x

CLKD

« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2019, 10:16:32 AM »

Morning.  Duty of Care isn't the same as having to prevent knife crime. 

Woodlands

« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2019, 09:16:16 PM »

CLKD.
No it isnt but having done stints in A&E during my nursing career the nhs staff are only just if at all keeping their heads above water treating patients in need whatever that need is. Its a place too patients end up blocking the department because their are no wards spaces to discharge too.... The best they can do is inform the police, keep their client safe and record and treat injuries... County line drugs are leading to gang culture and it goes on again and again

CLKD

« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2019, 09:51:23 PM »

It's sad.  When I was growing up the East End of London 'looked after their own'  :-\.  Now it seems OK to be violent to anyone that 'looks wrong'  :'(

My sister left the NHS due to un-safe working practice ....... she loved it despite all.  But she didn't like being kept awake due to worrying about the lack of support from the Government of the day  :-\

Woodlands

« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2019, 10:44:16 PM »

Hi CLKD.
I did 33 years in nursing in many roles, hospital then with both adults and children in the community.... It felt a shoe string service in the end, quantity of clients seen over quality of care.... I wasn't going to budge on tue quality of care i gave to any manager nagging..... With my DS passing i opted for early retirement - no regrets ever. I still work with children but in a term time role and not as a nurse yippee x

CLKD

« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2019, 09:11:40 PM »

A whole raft of experiences are being lost  :'(.  I think that my sister has accepted the change.

jaycee

« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2019, 12:49:15 PM »

Children are getting away with things they shouldn't because parents and teachers are not allowed to discipline, i don't believe in smacking if it can be helped but i don't care what anyone says sometimes they need it to be controlled
I am not talking about beating or punching or anything violent, but they need teaching from being very young what is right and what is wrong,
Too much pampering today, and too many do gooders imo

CLKD

« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2019, 01:20:44 PM »

A sharp smack wakes them up that the carer means what is said!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16