Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Fatty lumps in arm  (Read 4866 times)

linz57

Fatty lumps in arm
« on: October 08, 2016, 11:12:57 AM »

Do any other ladies have lots of small, seed like lumps in the flabby, bingo wings area of the upper arms? I don't know how long mine have been there, but I have put a couple of stones on over the past 12 months and my wings have gone really flappy so maybe it's connected to that.
I also have a few where the top of my armpit meets the top of my breast.
Has anyone found a way to get rid of them or are they likely here to stay?

Megamind

Re: Fatty lumps in arm
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 01:13:11 PM »

Sorry, I can't quite picture what you man by small, seed like lumps?

linz57

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 02:38:47 PM »

They can't be seen with the eye , but if I press my fingers into my skin then I can feel lots of little round things that feel like grape pips. Sorry I'm not explaining too well, had awful brain fog for days again this week.

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 03:32:18 PM »

Yes I have these , I am very slim and they have come due to HRT.

However can't not use HRT , I used to have them in my 20/30s so must be hormonal for me.

If I am being naughty and squeeze them a tiny tiny piece of hard pus I guess comes out ( gross ) , it then scars so I am trying really hard not to do it anymore.

linz57

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »

Ah, thank you Maryjane, I too am on hrt and have been so for 18 months. Like you, I don't want to stop so I guess I'll have to put up with them.
At least they don't show but it's a bit disconcerting when you feel dozens of them down the inner upper arm and around the armpit. Do you also get them around there ?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:32:25 PM by linz57 »

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 08:36:37 PM »

Mine are on my thighs and from shoulder to elbow.

My youngest daughter who is 26 has them in the same place also , she is a very hormoaly charged is a polite way of putting it.

linz57

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 10:30:25 PM »

Hmmm,  I've suspected for awhile that I have a hormone imbalance so maybe that's responsible. I've been having some breakthrough bleeding ( old blood) and I've wondered if I'm not absorbing enough progestogen from the patch to balance the estrogen. Maybe these lumps are a sign of too much estrogen?

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 03:31:17 PM »

Hmmm - I'm not sure you are both talking about the same thing?

linx57 you say yours are not visible and are under the skin - probably in the fatty tissue? Maryjane - you say you can squeeze yours? This would not be possible for invisible nodules or lumps as this would constitute an operation with lots of bleeding.  I don't want to presume what they are, but from what you say Maryjane they sound as though they are on the surface - a bit like milia? I get these on my face and can squeeze them similarly with same result - very bad! One of my sons goes to dermatologist to get his removed professionally.

From time to time I've felt small seed like lumps under the armpit but they seem to come and go and I've never had them checked out - but if they've suddenly appeared and you are concerned - then do go to the doctor. I'm not sure they could be attributed to excess oestrogen although the hormone is responsible for some metabolic changes eg cholesterol levels.

Hurdity x

linz57

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 07:46:27 PM »

Hi Hurdity, ah  yes, I know what you mean by milia, I had those on my face when I first became pregnant back in the day. I can't squeeze the " pips" I can feel now as they are too deep and yes they are in the fatty tissue. I'm not overly concerned and to be honest I don't know how long they have  been there, I was just curious as to what they might be. Maybe they're just fatty lumps, I really do need to get back into my healthier eating plan again, I've let things slide for too long now. I could try altering my diet and seeing if that reduces them any
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:48:08 PM by linz57 »