Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Bowel habits.  (Read 39612 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bowel habits.
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2016, 07:39:20 PM »

You did survive though?  Did the pill help and you DID NOT fail!  You tried but needed to settle your stomach, no different to eating when hungry !

When does OH get the results?

Mardy

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2016, 07:48:41 PM »

If you can you should eat at least a couple of hours before going any where, so that it can be left at home - where it's easier to dash to the loo - if that's at all possible.

CLKD

« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2016, 08:57:30 PM »

Trouble is, I often don't 'want' to go until I hit the M1  ::) …………

Bettyboo

« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2016, 06:09:19 AM »

Oh CLKD I do love your advice. You are so right - I survived! In fact, I survived 'the incident' last year and my friends still talk to me  ;D and I survived yesterday.

Nothing conclusive found with OH yesterday so more bloods and a scan next week. Here in France you tend to get the results to take home with you. There is much more the sense that the patient is in charge of their own health, you have your own folder of notes and test results to take to appointments and they take copies or scan in. Like we will get the blood test results and then take them to Dr rather than other way round, though Dr gets a copy. I had a scan for fibroids and the radiologist pointed them out on the machine before printing off copies.

It is interesting that now OH has a problem (swollen glands and tiredness) he has a realproblem, whereas I was/am just suffering from moody middle-aged women's sulking, apparently  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2016, 09:32:05 PM »

Of course he's deeply involved with his symptoms but has heard yours so many times  ::).  I like the idea of having charge of our notes, might make Medics pay more attention ! I know that maternity units have done this here for years but in general the notes remain the property of the GP/Hospitals.

Ju Ju

« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2016, 07:36:31 AM »

I'm not sure I want to be in charge of the rather heavy, tatty file, kept together with sellotape that follows me around from hospital appointment to appointment! New cover and a trolley might be necessary!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2016, 02:00:59 PM »

Oh - are you what we referred to as a 'large' patient then  ;D: that is, someone who has been through all the Specialities over the years  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2016, 03:54:31 PM »

;D

No, not gone through many specialities! I did have a tough time health wise as a child, the odd hiccup with breast cancer scares and more recently, asthma complications, gall stones and hysterectomy, but.....! I find it embarrassing. Perhaps it would be interesting to see why there's so much paperwork there! Do they keep everything in these files from birth? At least the GPs notes are on line! I think I would run a mile if they were still in a file. As it is I get called in for meds reviews and asthma clinic, which I consider more for them than me!

CLKD

« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »

When I worked in the NHS patient records had to be kept by Law for 5 years.  Then they went onto microfiche - remember that - I think X-rays were kept for 7 years.  Unless patients were 'regulars' then notes would be split into several files.  To be carried around when said patients were in Clinic or admitted  ::).  Along with blood/urine results from various tests over the years and X-ray reports ……… no one thought of a trolley for them to transport between Clinic/Ward ….

GP handwritten records and now on computer should be kept for Life.  That's where all our histories are kept including Consultant letters etc. to keep the Surgery records up-2-date. 

The Medical Records can be useful for children/grandchilden etc., which is why adopted children should have their medical histories travel with them. 

Ju Ju

« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2016, 05:51:30 PM »

What you mean there might be more than one file on me! :o

Thanks for the explanation.

CLKD

« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2016, 05:52:21 PM »

;D ………

getting_old

« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2016, 06:03:05 PM »

My medical records start around age 15, when my first family doctor retired. All history prior to that were stored in his memory  :-X

A few days ago I read that pineapple was good for the digestion and gentle on the stomach. From last night's experience I'd disagree. Anyone else?

CLKD

« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2016, 08:49:54 PM »

Pineapple should not be eaten on an empty stomach and some medications can interact  ::).  Any fruits eaten in excess can impact  :-X

Ju Ju

« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2016, 08:30:36 AM »

Feeling jaded this morning. And somewhat sorry for myself! Late last evening my stomach started becoming extremely noisy, with loud toxic wind. No chance of sleep and in sympathy with DH I got up and watched some stuff on tv. It was 2.00am before things calmed down and I was able to sleep, only to wake at 6.30am, when I was able to have a BM. It takes so long to do a BM, regardless of consistency. First part easy, then takes ages to complete, even with diarrhoea. There's often no sense of urgency or relief at the end. It was bad enough coping with IBS without this.  I'm still waiting for a physio appointment. I hope it helps. It's really making an impact on my life now. I try to avoid going out too early in the morning, as it can be stressful. I'm now feeling stressed about going on holiday with my whole family. DH is brilliant and very accommodating, but I can't bear people waiting around for me. It's easier if I can be left to get on with it. We will have a full house? Feeling rather tearful about it today, as it feels as if things are getting worse. Thanks for 'listening'. Not expecting any solutions.

Mardy

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2016, 11:23:17 AM »

Getting Old - Pinapple isn't great for my gut, even juice can really upset me. SO i avoid.

JuJu - do you have a formal diagnosis, because it's possibly something you should see the doc about? May have missed if you have, forgive me.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12