Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: High-tech Hubby!  (Read 6046 times)

Dulciana

High-tech Hubby!
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:20:49 AM »

My hubby has at long last come into the world of the smartphone, after relying on his little, old dark-ages phone for even longer than me.  He also got me a smartphone for my birthday.  Hubby has now gone into work...........with his little, old dark-ages one, switched off, so I can't contact him although he can contact me.  His lovely, new smartphone is sitting at home, on the table, looking lovely and smart, and switched off.   This is someone who thought digitally, long before I even knew how to switch a computer on.  I ask you  :o ::)  ...........Fred Flintstone would be proud!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:34:01 AM by Dulciana »

Joyce

Re: High-tech Hubby!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:34:25 AM »

;D My hubby finally had to replace his ancient mobile about a year ago & he now has a smart phone. I had to set it up for him.  ;D He's not got the patience for all that. He's only recently mastered how to make a phone call.

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 08:54:27 AM »

Mine too now has a smartphone and I am the one with the dark ages little nokia but I am quite happy thank you because I do as little as possible with technology.  Technology and I are not friends.  I can be contacted and that is all I need to know  :)

I must add that mine is switched on at breakfast and stays on until bed time.  Hubby switches his on and off several times a day, I don't understand why  ::)

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 09:05:53 AM »

Our phones stay on 24/7 but no one ever contacts me, except hubby or the doctors surgery with results/appointment reminders etc. Billy bl**dy no Mates, that's me... ;D ;D

Hubby has a very basic mobile, he hates talking on the any phone. It's a case of "Yes.... No.... Yep... Right.... OK..... Bye".

A man of few words.

Cazi x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 09:40:26 AM »

;D ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »

Mine is sometimes 'on' in the day.  A few years ago Himself went away and because of the time difference we learned to TEXT  ;D ……. now I'm at that all the while  ::).  I get scam calls on both house and mobile phones  >:(, the latter usually when I'm dozing  :bang:

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 05:04:34 PM »

Mine's really high tech - has to have the latest gadget (whoops not allowed to call them that  ;D) but the upside is that I get his "old" phone each time. The "old" phone is usually about three months old. It's a wonder he hasn't changed me for a new model!  Our phones are always on but we do make a point of trying to hide them so that we're not forever checking the screen. ;D

Taz x  :)

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 10:33:58 PM »

Mine hasn't even worked out how to use the net on his phone.  :) I've told him it might come in handy one day. But no, he won't be converted. Yet he'll use his tablet as often as possible. Duh!

Evelyn63

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 07:46:36 PM »

Thinking its a man thing, mine used to turn his on to make a call then turn it off again !!!  He's improved in that respect and almost gone the other way, since he got a smartphone.  Gets panic attack if his battery's running low :)  However refuses to use it for anything other than making a call, which makes me wonder why he didn't stick with his Nokia.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 07:25:17 AM »

I think it's a "man of a certain age thing" maybe - although mine is a total tech person.

I hung on to my old Nokia for ages because I just knew that once I swapped to a smart phone I'd be dreadful at putting it down - and this has now been proved  ;D.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 09:23:40 AM »

;D

I rarely use my Moby.  ;) Now my tablet,  ::)