Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Metronidazole/Flagyl side effects  (Read 3185 times)

Chi chi

Metronidazole/Flagyl side effects
« on: June 27, 2016, 07:37:23 PM »

Has anyone suffered with bad side effects from taking this? I was prescribed it for BV (Mirena induced I think) ??? It's been over a week since I finished the course and My tummys still really upset, I've got a awful taste in my mouth, horrible coating on my tongue and been feeling quite sick  :-\
I bought some optibac (the antibiotic ones) hoping they'd help but so far they're not, been taking them for 4 days now  :-\
Is this normal to still be feeling like this so long after stopping them? I have read they're quite heavy duty.

Chi chi

Re: Metronidazole/Flagyl side effects
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 08:50:28 PM »

Thanks sparkle  :)I seem to remember having them before for a gum infection but don't remember feeling like this afterwards  ??? I feel quite spaced out too  :o

Evelyn63

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 09:12:12 PM »

They can make you feel really lousy , hopefully once they are out of your system you will start to feel better. Im assuming at no point did you take alcohol with them, as they contain the same ingredient that is used in Antabuse , which is what they give alcoholics to wean them off !  They are lethal !

Chi chi

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »

The taste is driving me mad, feels like my mouths on fire!
I don't drink so not that, can't believe I'm still suffering after being off them for over a week  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »

I got oral thrush when I was taking them. They worked though on the infection which I was grateful for. I didn't have any stomach problems with them which is unusual for me but I did take them with over half a pint of water each time which is supposed to help. I started the optibac at the same time as the antibiotic so this may have made a difference? The second time I had them I developed swelling and a rash almost immediately so that's another one to add to be "banned" list.  Have a look under Things you must do in this link http://www.news-medical.net/drugs/Flagyl.aspx  There should be advice re the sore mouth in the information leaflet but you may have thrown this away now you've finished the medication.

Has the BV cleared up?

Taz x