Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tendonitis , ouch!  (Read 3235 times)

ellie

Tendonitis , ouch!
« on: June 01, 2016, 06:30:31 PM »

Has anyone had Tendonitis in the foot?  A month ago I walked a little bit too far for me, only for about ten mins, but with my back/knee problems it was too far and I could feel my foot hurting . Then when I got home I wore some new slippers . That night when I put my bare foot to the floor , the pain was awful.....I tried to manage for about a week, and finally ended up going to A and E.....The doctor said I had postior Tendonitis and he said it would take a while to ease, and gave me crutches.....
     Well it's been a month and getting worse.......anyone had this and got any tips?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tendonitis , ouch!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 06:32:28 PM »

Is it in the ligament up the heel or under the heel of the foot? 

ellie

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »

It is in my instep, and going up towards the ankle, and under my heel too.....I cannot believe how painful it is  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:05:57 PM »

Would a heel raise help? i.e. leaning the shoe/slipper inwards to relieve pressure?

ellie

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 07:14:37 PM »

I don't know CKLD , but I would give anything a try.  I need to get this sorted as I have bad nerve pain in the rest of my foot.......My doctor just gave me Voltarol and it's not helping one bit.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 08:04:03 PM »

Ice-pack?

ellie

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 08:07:27 PM »

Yes been doing ice packs and they do help the pain, but as soon as I stand again the pain is back.

ellie

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 09:16:31 PM »

I think it might be a good idea Sparkle, I wonder does my doctor have to refer me......

breeze

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 10:21:06 PM »

I had this many years ago.  It did drag on for a few weeks.

I then made it worse by trying to mow the lawn and it bleed under the skin.  Went back to the doctor who said 'that's good,you have ruptured it now and it will heal quicker'. It did as well  :)

Scampi

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 06:46:37 AM »

Try freezing a pop-bottle full of water (fill it about 3/4 full to allow for the ice to expand), then roll the frozen bottle under the affected foot (either wear socks or wrap the bottle in a thin towel or t-shirt).  This gave me far more relief than a normal ice-pack when I had plantar fasciitis (the plantar fascia is the big ligament that forms your instep - the description of the pain you give sounds like it's this ligament that is giving you the problem).

ellie

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 07:43:09 AM »

Thanks everyone, and Scampi I will try the pop bottle today.......Now I need to see a podiatrist, easier said than done I expect.......
Scampi do you think the A and E doc could have got it wrong ?   It feel like a tight band running along the side of my foot .

Elizabethrose

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 08:37:18 AM »

Hello Ellie,

I'm sorry you're struggling with this: painful feet are just the absolute limit!

Like Scampi, I have had plantar fasciitis and it really is very painful indeed. The symptoms seem very similar to yours. I saw a podiatrist who recommended custom made orthotics, Diclofenac (Voltarol), along with frequently raising and resting the foot where possible. She also told me to review my footwear. I realised that a pair of new shoes had aggravated it. The orthotics were uncomfortable and you have to build up gradually the amount of time you wear them but they did help. The Diclofenac is a good idea because it's anti inflammatory and it might give it a chance to calm down. It did calm down eventually and I don't wear the orthotics now, I disposed of the shoes too!

My GP referred me to a Podiatrist for this and I've also had surgery for two Morton's Neuromas. Google Podiatrists in your area and ask to be referred. I don't have any experience of tendonitis but know there are various types. Did you visit your GP to discuss it after your A and E visit?

I wish you well!

ellie

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 10:14:53 AM »

Yes Elizabethrose my doc gave me Voltoral cream......
I have phoned the foot clinic this morning and they said ...firstly I can see a podiatrist, but my doctor needs to refer me. They told me to go back to A and E and get a scan, but apparently the doctor has to request a scan...... >:( all time consuming.. I am going to try and get an appointment with doctor tomorrow, I am not convinced that the diagnosis is correct as I can go onto my toes  (slightly), and Mr Google says it's impossible ......Feels like a tight band down side of foot......

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »

DR GOOGLE!

Plantar fascitis is really painful, it's a 'spot' under the heel which anyone with knowledge can press; then scrap the sufferer off the ceiling!

Have you been given under-arm or elbow crutches? Is the Voltarol to rub in or swallow?

'itis' = inflammation! which will take time to resolve.  Maybe ring your Surgery and ask for a referral over the 'phone rather than the hassle of attending the GP?

ellie

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »

Voltoral to rub in, I do have Naproxin for my back and that helps, but can only use for a couple of days, and of course not both together......They gave me elbow crutches, and I can't get to grips with them, don't think my arms are strong enough to support my weight.
The pain does go under my heel , but is mainly at the side, and pressing my heel doesn't make me fly onto the ceiling. ...........yet   :o
Pages: [1] 2