Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi I'm new  (Read 3417 times)

Julesguk

Hi I'm new
« on: May 28, 2016, 01:18:08 PM »

Hi
Been browsing for a few weeks I finally decided to join.

I'm 48 and started perimenopause around 43 infrequent periods last one was Feb 2015, but it has gotten progressively worse. Flushes, worsening insomnia(despite night sedation), night sweats, memory fog, word finding problems,mood swings and irritability which was really bad. Mix all that together with a hormonal teenager and I'm surprised my dh remained at home.

I was using menapol plus, red clover to control the flushes and night sweats with fairly good success and rhodiola rosea  for stress which helped slightly.

I found the irritability worsening and asked GP for HRT she was reluctant due to my weight and after 9 months of tests and discussion I started Everol Conti yesterday.

I'm amazed as my brian seems to be becoming back to normal. But the horrendous heart burn how long does that take to stop?

So glad to have found you all

Looking forward to many discussions

Jules

babyjane

Re: Hi I'm new
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »

hi there, so glad you decided to join, you won't regret it.  Have a good browse round and join in when you find something that interest you, don't be shy.

dazned

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 02:37:18 PM »

:welcomemm:

We're not usually this thin on the ground,guess everyone is off out for BH weekend   8)

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 04:04:55 PM »

Hi Julesguk,

Welcome from me too, glad to have you with us.

I get heartburn but not because of the menopause or being on HRT.

If you can put up with it then try & stick with the Everol Conti for a week or two, as things might settle down, if not go back to your doctor & maybe try a different type of HRT.
Maybe an HRT patch would suit you better as it is absorbed through the skin rather than the stomach.

Hope it all works out ok for you, it sounds like it has helped with the brain fog which is a definate plus  ;D ;D

Cazi x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 06:18:40 PM »

Hi Julesguk - welcome from me too.

It's worth persevering with the patch for a few weeks. I'm not sure about the heartburn but I must admit that mine is worse when on HRT patches - something that I only worked out when I had to come off them! Although patches are kinder to the digestive system abdominal symptoms are still shown as a common side effect.

Hope that you feel better soon.

Taz x

Julesguk

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 10:06:47 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Looking forward to meeting everyone.
I can put up with heartburn I guess not looking forward to bleeding as i have only had about 12  bleeds in the last 4 years.
Jules

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »

Evorel conti is designed not to give you a bleed. Some women get bleeding for the first few months but many get no bleeding at all. Evorel sequi is the one which gives you a bleed.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 05:17:46 PM »

Hi Julesguk

:welcomemm: from me too.

You mention your weight and if this is not as you would like it to be for good health, perhaps that might be something you could look at - as well as the HRT, since things like heartburn, flushes and sweats are much worse in women who are overweight?

Hope you are feeling better anyway :)

Hurdity x

Dorothy

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 08:02:17 PM »

Hello & welcome!  Sorry I can't advise on your HRT as I'm on BCP instead, but I hope you find the answers you need & everything settles down.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 08:06:51 PM »

:welcomemm:

As oestrogen levels drop off so muscles become lax which can include internal structures. Hiatus hernia is 'common' at this time of Life which can give rise to acid reflux.  I had a lot of problems with this recent GERM  >:( so have taken Rennies on a regular basis.  Everytime I took medication it had awful reflux.  I also get this when I take my ADs and BBs too close to going to bed  ::)

clare663

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »

Hi Ive been on Evorel conti patches for 6 weeks and have experienced all types of side effects, headaches, period pains (have had no bleeding) excessive wind, bloating, frequent weeing, anxiety, nausea, constipation, heart burn, tearfullness, irritability - you name it! each side effect has only lasted a day or two and then another one comes along. Ive been advised from both the lovely ladies on this forum and my GP to stick it out for another 4-6 weeks to see if everything settles. I guess your body needs time to adjust to any new chemicals that enter your body. Good luck and let us know how you get on. x

Julesguk

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 09:12:21 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.

kew

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 09:58:52 PM »

I'm on Evorel Conti as well, since Feb this year. Not had heartburn but used to get it before I started HRT.

i was told by my Dr to stick with it for at least 3 months.  As for heartburn control try Nexium, brilliant stuff. One tablet used to keep the heartburn away for a few days.