Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Progesterone only dose?  (Read 1141 times)

dangermouse

Progesterone only dose?
« on: May 29, 2016, 06:21:54 PM »

Does anyone know what the normal dose of synthetic progesterone is (Norethisterone ideally) in prog only HRT? I can't seem to find it by googling, only very high 5mg for fertility treatment.

They've found haemangioma growths on my liver which can be caused by excessive oestrogen, so I suspect they may want me to stop my combined pill once they've checked all benign following my MRI. So I'm trying to see if taking enough prog will keep my nausea at bay (as probably all too high oestrogen) before I see the consultant. If it doesn't work then it could be that it's the oestrogen part of the pill keeping my own from going too high, I can then argue that case if necessary.

Done ok for 3 days on 700mcg, and energy better than its been for ages, but would prefer to go up another 350 (just using my mini pills) as just got over bad week of nausea after going too low (of one of them?) when tried Oestrogel and 1 x mini pill for a week. Once results confirmed I can then ask for Utrogestan to see if better as they may take me more seriously for HRT over the pill now I have a clear high oestrogen issue.

Just want to check I'm not overdosing the Norethisterone!