Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gynae thinks im crazy!! Help  (Read 4340 times)

cheezel

Re: Gynae thinks im crazy!! Help
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 06:28:58 PM »

Yes the peace and quiet here is unreal....strangely i miss my kids and my hubbie awfully and im only gone 3 hrs!!!.....having extreme nausea on these tablets...please god it settles....it lifted there and i stuffed my face...have lost nearly 2 st since this started in feb.....so need to eat when i can...apart from the nausea one positive is i dont feel as anxious or down on this higher dose of oestrogen so maybe my body needed it...if nausea doesnt settle i might try higher dose patch as i was symptomwise in that but still felt v anxious depressed and was up and down.....god its v hard isnt it? Milamam did you have nausea starting on this or any side effects?

Milamam

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 07:36:27 PM »

The nausea will settle. I had nausea in the beginning, a lot like pregnancy. Try taking the tablet after meals or with some food.
Alternatively, try taking at bedtime . I hope it will pass soon and you will see the benefits. How isyour sleep?

cheezel

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 07:41:32 PM »

My sleep is fine...i sleep full nights most nights thank god cos i couldnt cope with no sleep on top of the feeling mega anxious and like crap too....please god this one works...hoping my body can tolerate the jump from evorel 50mcgs to 2mgs in this!! Milamam you are giving me hope!!

Milamam

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 08:22:24 AM »

Its not such a big jump - don't worry. Both are considered meduim dose HRT. Evorel 50 I believe is somewhere around 1.5 mg while the estrogen in Femoston is 2 mg/day. The difference is the progesterone which you may in fact like better ;)

cheezel

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 11:15:52 AM »

On day 5 femoston 2/10mgs and the nausea is so horrendous i cant fxn. Anyone else had this at the start??? Or am i severely intolerant to yet another hrt? Thinking of just stopping all hrt now!!!  Had enough and feel like giving up existing!!

Milamam

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 11:30:46 AM »

Cheezel, I am so sorry to hear you are still suffering. Have you tried to take the pill at night before bed as eventually the side effects will wear off during the night? I do remember having severe nausea at the beginning. Ginger saved my life. It does wear off.

Day 5 is too early but if cannot tolerate it, maybe speak to you GP to change to a patch or gel? Cross fingers everything will settle soon!

Milamam

cheezel

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 11:46:46 AM »

Thanks...have tried patches and we dont have gel here...will switch to taking at night i think...i will keep going thanks...

cheezel

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 09:46:17 AM »

Well girls definitely not tolerating Femoston...just realised im allergic/sensitive to the E numbers on the tablet hence the horrendous nausea headaches and face pain. I went to see a top psychiatrist who said im basically burnt out and my body has given up the ghost. Said unfortunately ive v high stress levels which is why im at this juncture in my life. Im totally clueless what to now from a hrt point of view as i think my autoimmune issues and senstivities must have ramped up with all this imbalance. Wish id never chosen my career now as i would never have gotten into this state on a 9 to 5.....feel so low and just want to never wake up!!! No one knows what to do to help me in this country. Thinking of going to Marion Gluck at this stage to see if i can get compounded hrt without the fillers i seem to be sensitive to

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »

It is what it is.  What suggestion/s did the Psychiatrist make?  Did you explain how awful you have felt?  Maybe an anti-anxiety medication i.e. Valium for 5-10 days to see if it eases symptoms? 

Who prescribed your HRT, sorry can't remember  :-\.  Can't remember where you live either  :-\ - brain not working again.  Do you see your General Practitioner soon?

cheezel

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 02:44:25 PM »

Psych said complete r n r for 8 wks that im literally burnt out from yrs of working crazy hrs n 3 young kids....cbt etc....gynae prescribed my hrt originally but i asked gp for femoston but never chkd ingredients....my fault.....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2016, 04:32:29 PM »

Please list ingredients …….. I never read what's in the medication I take  ::)

Kathleen

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 05:12:28 PM »

Hello cheezel.

So sorry to learn that you are still suffering.

I'm not one of the expert ladies but I have a male friend who was in a similar position to you. He had been under a lot of stress and was told by his GP that he had been experiencing ' too much for too long'. He was prescribed medication, took some time off work and made a full recovery. Your psychiatrist should be able to prescribe something while you rest and recuperate.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but I do wish you well and hope you get the help you are looking for.

Take care.

K.

babyjane

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2016, 05:38:16 PM »

I never read what's in the medication I take  ::)

I always do, I like to know what is going in my body.  I am sensitive to a lot of meds, fillers and additives too.

Wishing you well cheezel, I was in your position when I was diagnose with ME/CFS.  The consultant told me it was my body's 'breakdown of choice'.  I lost a job I loved and was good at but just couldn't maintain the pace day after day.
Pages: 1 [2]