Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mental Health referrals apparently restricted  (Read 1505 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Mental Health referrals apparently restricted
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:09:33 PM »

I think that most of us are aware that our GPs can refer us to other Health Authorities for consults., surgery etc., particularly if a specific speciality was known to be beneficial, but I read yesterday, that Mental Health wasn't given that option  >:(.  [If I could find the article from the Telegraph I would be more specific].

The author of the article knew of a system which could help a relative so spoke to the relative's GP - but she couldn't be referred out of county because Mental Health support couldn't be accessed out of County  :-[

Short sighted or what  :bang: :bang: :bang:

OK - I found the mental health thread - written by Bryony Gordon and the Campaigner is Norman Lamb, MP, discussing OCD and other issues.  He works with 'CHUMS' in Bedfordshire. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:21:49 PM by CLKD »

babyjane

Re: Mental Health referrals apparently restricted
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »

It seems to me that there needs to be a serious review of all mental health services.  Do the powers that be still not realise that mental health is as essential as physical health, maybe even more so as it affects the physical functioning of the whole body.

Has anyone else seen http://www.mind.org.uk/news-campaigns/news/heads-together-campaign-launches/#.Vz87VZErLIU

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mental Health referrals apparently restricted
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 05:01:08 PM »

Not yet but I'll read it when my head is clearer  ::)

Oh it won't open  >:(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:20:16 PM by CLKD »