Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 274442 times)

nearly50

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #1095 on: July 18, 2017, 08:07:08 AM »

I haven't been on the forum much as I've been feeling poorly but just wanted to say I hope things improve for you really quickly Sparkle. Feel better soon  :tulips2:

What's up claireylou, is it do with the op, hormones, or just feeling rough in general? Hope you feel better soon too.

Claireylou

« Reply #1096 on: July 18, 2017, 08:22:13 AM »

Going through a spell of depression at the mo Nearly50  :'(

I think it's all the pre/post surgery stress. It's all mounted up and come crashing down. Also, at my 6 week check up my consultant said I've got a very small area of granulation on my "inside" wound which she cauterised with silver nitrate (ouchy). This has extended my recovery for another month. Torn between riding it through or a visit to GP for some help.

Thank you so much for asking  :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1097 on: July 18, 2017, 08:35:33 AM »

Hi girls

Sorry popped over to see daughter for the weekend so not dropped by.

Sparkle I'm really sorry but don't panic sweetie, it'll pass you can be sure of that. No flushes still but what's happening with the cervical mucus, anything? The Vagifem will give you a little but not like the copious amounts when the oestrogen is surging. If you remember I had loads of what I called roll-over cycles where the oestrogen remained high despite having 'proper' anovulatory bleeds. It was like being caught in limbo land and the flushes would only return when the oestrogen dropped.

As far as the migraine is concerned I'm really hoping it's passing now. What an absolute nightmare for you, I'm so sorry. This is the second in a short while, remind me, what meds do you take? Have you a proper prescribed medicine at the ready for emergencies? This wretched heat doesn't help, especially as it interrupts/prevents sleep. I'm really hoping you're feeling better today. Bet you never thought you'd like the flushes back! These are for you    :foryou:         

Machair. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother: ageing is utterly wicked sometimes. I hope that all has eased since I've been away, it must be such a strain on you. Hope your hormones are behaving themselves and allowing you some respite. This is for you   :cupcake:   

So glad your holiday was fab nearly50. I know what you mean about the oddness of celebrating the flushes but I was exactly the same, positively celebrating the next step. They only set in when my oestrogen was on a low flatline but you're right, it's exchanging one set of symptoms for another. Hope the Horlicks works for you. I didn't drink it whilst away and found I woke more frequently. Hell, I'm going to continue with it, it's not going to do me any harm and the vitamins and minerals can only be an extra boost for the bones. Oh and it contains sugar, so go shoot me! Really can't be doing with the purists who spout the propaganda of any food stuff being the enemy, I honestly believe anything is fine in moderation! My back was the absolute pits after the osteo last week, he did something that was a step too far and it wouldn't calm. Back later for another session. Feel like I take two steps forward and one step back! Hope you're feeling good in yourself despite the flushes. Talking to a sleep therapist doc in France (not easy in French!!) when at dinner with friends. She reiterated what I was saying about sleep 'hygiene' as she put it. Everything cotton, no manmade fibres. Mattress topper in 100% cotton and all bedding, and wear very light cotton lawn pjs or better still, moisture wicking fabrics. Hopefully, you'll get some of this up there soon!   :sunny: 

Honestly Tapnut, nothing is unusual in peri and every woman is different. I cannot stress too highly the benefits of keeping a daily diary, just a few scratched lines detailing what is happening: it's amazing how quickly you start to see patterns emerge. Cervical mucus gives us so much info. Call me a control freak but I always feel so much better if I can recognise what is happening and therefore be able to work out why. It's an illusion of control!!  ;)

Well lovely ladies, I'm hoping today finds you all feeling so much better than you were over the weekend. Sending lots of love to you all xx 

PS Just about to press post and just seen your message Claireylou. I'm sorry sweetie, you'd been doing so brilliantly well too. Hopefully it's just a blip, blimey that surgery must wreck havoc with your hormones as well as both physically and mentally. No-one gets a medal in this life for coping stoically, if the docs can help go see them. You may find just talking it through with them will be reassuring and we all need that when we are struggling. Otherwise they may be able to proffer a magic potion to see you through this rough patch. I really wish you well and send you a hug and healing vibes across the net!  :tulips2:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:50:48 AM by Elizabethrose »

Claireylou

« Reply #1098 on: July 18, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »

Elizabethrose, thank you so much for your lovely words. Thou are very kind. I think a visit to my GP is in order  :)  :thankyou:

Machair

« Reply #1099 on: July 18, 2017, 11:45:36 AM »

Just saw your note Clairelou, sending you all my love and best wishes that you will soon feel better.xx

Yes ER any food in moderation is good- I'm saying that as I just downed a Greek cheese pie from a local Greek takeaway!

ER I am having those roll over cycles you mentioned I am sure- high oestrogen but with a threatened bleed - just a tinge of pink the other day but feel like I've got PMT off the scale.

Claireylou

« Reply #1100 on: July 18, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »

Oh Machair, thank you so much  :thankyou:

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1101 on: July 18, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »

Machair I was thinking exactly that when I'd read through the posts earlier. Deja vu!! I think the highs were actually worse than the lows and for me seemed relentless. It always rather amuses me when the 'studies' that have been done conclude that oestrogen diminishes the further into peri you move. Utter balderdash for some women, my oestrogen levels were regularly off the Richter scale and a frigging nightmare to try to manage!

After my massive surge in June and the anovulatory bleed at the end of June, the following final eight weeks were chaos. Then everything just stopped dead in September. It was a major grand finale, a last ditch attempt to rev up these aged cogs!! x

Machair

« Reply #1102 on: July 18, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »

ER you are so right. My experience has mirrored yours with relentless oestrogens highs. I think there must be other ladies like us out there. I can't wait for the grand finale!

Claireylou

« Reply #1103 on: July 18, 2017, 04:43:03 PM »

Sparkle, thank you so much for sending me a message even though you're feeling rough. Make sure you rest and treat yourself kindly.

Get well really soon. Sending gentle hugs  :bighug: :foryou:

Machair

« Reply #1104 on: July 18, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »

Sending you lots of love and hugs Sparkle :hug:

nearly50

« Reply #1105 on: July 18, 2017, 05:02:32 PM »

Looks like the weather's going to cool down a little later in the week so I really hope that'll make a difference sparkle. I don't know how you all cope, we've had temperatures of 26 degrees today and I thought I was going to faint on the bus. Very annoying as I've always loved the sun/heat and sleeping and both seem to have been taken away from me recently!

Menomale

« Reply #1106 on: July 18, 2017, 05:59:41 PM »

We hope you feel better soon, sparkle.  :hug:  :cat88:

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1107 on: July 18, 2017, 07:38:47 PM »

Whoop, whoop!! Menomale, where've you been? I miss seeing you on the forum, lovely to hear from you now. Hope all is good with you and your cheeky little cat; still utterly adorable!

Lots of love to you x

Machair

« Reply #1108 on: July 18, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »

That's a mighty fine cat!

Menomale

« Reply #1109 on: July 18, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »

Hello ER,

Could be better, could be worse, could be in a hearse    ;)
Still having hot flushes despite the cold weather, today is particularly freezing here...howling winds, very odd for a tropical country.
No periods, mucus nor staining spots.
Sleeping for England and Brazil, crushing fatigue in the mornings and a bit better in the evenings.
Taking care of old father (erratic, nerve-racking) and young cat (hyperactive, lovely).
I haven't been here for a while... just waiting to be officially menopausal in October (fingers crossed) to figure out the next steps.
Some days are hard to bear (anxiety, irritability, hopelesness, painful joints, headaches) but I've grown tired of talking/thinking about it, I just go to bed, put my ear plugs, sleep mask, Calm app (thanks to sparkle) and welcome oblivion!
P.S. and the cat curled up next to me...

Hey Machair,

Isn't he lovely?  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76