Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Buying HRT over the counter and without a prescription in Spain  (Read 91351 times)

Mary G

Sunnydays, yes, you can buy oestrogen patches in any pharmacy.  They do 25, 50, 75 and 100mcg Estraderm patches.  Can't remember how much they cost but it's not that much. 

I can find out about other products and prices on request.

The Spanish pharmaceutical business is going to wonder what's hit it!

Kate50

That would be good Stellajane if they listened but they don't and they are constantly worrying about getting it wrong due to the huge mistakes they made in the past.  You know the days when they said it was OK for all women to just take oestrogen? ? So now they blanket prescribe and that is where the problem lies.  I get all 3 Studd Regime on NHS through my gynae so if one person gets it we are all entitled to it. It's not dearer than normal HRT. My Doctor had admitted she knew nothing and thanked me for finding it all out.
Let's clarify GP's many under the age of 40 are put through training as students with money from the drug companies they come out reading the BNP bible they are no different to you or me and they certainly don't have god given powers some learn well and some don't.  History is full of medical mistakes.  Trust your instincts and yourself bf you put your trust in someone else.  Sermon over!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Another reason why medication becomes 'short' or un-available in the UK is because the NHS won't pay for it  >:(.  Mainland Europe/US does pay what is asked, so the Pharmaceutical Companies will sell it to those who will pay, it's a business after all.

Kate50

That's true only the Cheap stuff for the NHS my pharmacist told me this he said some prescription charges are way over the cost of the medicines as well.  The good money gets spent on cutting down the rain forests to provide enough sheets of paper for all the form filling!

CLKD

Oh that could be another topic  ;D

Mary G

Well said Kate50, that is about the size of it.  Too many doctors think they are above criticism and have a God complex.  They should be subjected to the same level of scrutiny and accountability as other public sector workers.  As for their education and training on HRT, for many it seems to be virtually non-existent and if my experience with my GP is anything to go by, you might as well ask the cat for advice.  The fact that my knowledge of HRT was far greater than hers is truly frightening.  It's not just GPs either, take PompeyLou's dreadful experience with her gynaecologist, a supposed expert.

It is an absolute disgrace that things have come to this and women are forced seek help privately and/or buy their HRT in Spain and these GPs  should be ashamed of themselves.  I can only hope that plenty of doctors read this forum and make the effort to educate themselves. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:47:33 PM by Mary G »

CLKD

…….  and don't get me started on the Vet. profession ……….  :-X

I digress.  Well said Mary G!  If only GPs would listen to their patients ……. (it isn't menopause that some patients have problems with either, it's listening full stop!  )

Kate50

Lol yes mine tried to get me to bring our dogs for yearly vaccinations I told him I use homeopathy he said nothing!
Women use to have to go to back street abortionists are we further on or not?

dangermouse

Now we know why so many Brits retire to Spain. Sun, sea and Oestrogel on tap!

I'm going to feel like a drugs dealer smuggling the goods in. How exciting!  8)

I'm sure the vet knows more about HRT than a GP. In fact, I think anyone knows more.

Kate50

When I go on holiday I always take homeopathic remedies they are in little drugs bags and that's what they look like drugs! One of these days I think I may get my cases pulled aside.  I take a letter from my homeopath with me just incase

dangermouse

Imagine getting pulled over with a case full of Oestrogel! They'd probably think its a job-lot of intimate lube and arrest you on suspicion of solicitation.

...  even more exciting! Now how much are those hold bags. ;)

Kate50

Doesn't Dr Currie read the posts?

lisa789

If anybody needs any Utrogestan I have 21 200mg vaginal capsules with disposable applicators. I've been put on continuous BCP so don't need them anymore. I'm happy to mail them to anybody that needs them X

Kate50

Lol I wonder if you will struggle to give them away?  Maybe not

lisa789

They'll be going back to the pharmacy if nobody wants them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11