Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please Help - Newbie so scared - Health Anxiety  (Read 8015 times)

Mary G

Re: Please Help - Newbie so scared - Health Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »

HRT is definitely worth considering because it could change your life.  Read Halfpint's new thread on Professor Studd in the Daily Mail in the 'All Things Menopause' section and you will see what I mean. 

Don't leave it too long!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 05:28:09 PM »

Could the 'burning' be adrenaline coursing round the veins?  It scared me a lot initially but now I know what is causing it: blasted anxiety  :-[.

Knowing what causes the anxiety doesn't help me deal with the physicality of it: adrenaline surges, intense nausea, weak thighs, wobbly knees, then my head starts "What if this doesn't stop?" …….. being told that 'it will pass' never helps.  I'm already telling myself that  ::).

:bighug:

Halfpint

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 05:37:17 PM »

Hi Kazbear,
This is worth reading. I refer to this list a lot.
http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/tingling-extremities.htm
The last few nights, I have been getting tingling in my arm, down my lower leg and into my foot. From the link, you will see that tingling also includes burning sensations.
Those darn hormones!

trishblunsum

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 06:12:33 PM »

Hi, just wanted to send love and hugs :-* My latest symptoms have been palpitations(no appointments for a month with my gp). No period for two months, now I'm bleeding! I've found that as one symptom goes, another replaces it.  :( Thank god for this forum, we're all in it together , to care and share . Take care,  :-* :-*

Kazbear

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 07:09:15 PM »

Thank you all so much.  I did think that the burning could be caused by the anxiety (although the question to the OH "do you think I've caused harm to my legs by sitting with the laptop on them" caused him a bit of consternation and, subsequently, amusement!). 

Oh it's wonderful the way our minds work isn't it? 

Love and hugs to all

Lizab

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 07:35:24 PM »

I had some leg tingles too, and of course thought I had a blood clot because I had been lying around being lazy too much. Lying around being lazy because I felt so bad in he first place, of course.  ;D Keep calm. Look in the mirror and count the ways that you are healthy. Easy to say, I know, not so easy to do when you are in the thick of it.

Kazbear

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 09:04:15 PM »

Thanks Lizab.  I know how that feels.  I spent much of today sitting on the sofa wringing my hands in a panic.  Honestly I looked like some old Victorian lady, all I needed was smelling salts!

Amazingly enough, once I actually roused myself from the sofa things didn't feel too bad.  Arms and legs feel a bit burny and tingly, but I'm not too fazed at the moment.  I notice that the burning seems worse when I'm tired funnily enough, and not every night - for instance, I didn't have it yesterday.

CBT therapist tomorrow - let's see what that brings.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 02:32:46 PM »

Let us know what is suggested!
Pages: 1 [2]