Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1513 times)

Miss K

Hi
« on: April 27, 2016, 09:30:25 PM »

Hi,

Just passing by to say a quick hallo! I am 42 years old and was recently diagnosed perimenopausal :(

I was prescribed Elleste Duet 1mg and am about to start on my 3rd pack. I have def noticed an increase in energy levels ( I can now get back to the gym!) but still having terrible mood swings and outbursts and a full nights sleep is a distant memory. I'm hoping these, along with the anxiety will be next to improve. I'm hoping it's just a matter of a little more time.

So glad I found this sight as I have been finding everything quite overwhelming. I really didn't expect it to happen to me so early in my 40's. Xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
My meno started in my mid 30s and I have used HRT on and off for the last 25 years.  Elleste will suit many women really well but if you are still struggling with mood swings you may find that a different HRT type with a different progesterone will suit you better. I would ask to try Femoston 1/10 as this has a kinder progesterone that may suit you better.  It is trial and error finding the right HRT but it's worth looking into your options as you will need to be on HRT for some years yet to protect your heart and bones and help stop vaginal atrophy and bladder problems.
Look under TREATMENTS above to look at the options - I would certainly try Femoston first. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:06:29 PM »

Hi Miss K

:welcomemm: from me too.

Dancinggirl has already given you good advice and I agree with her re Femoston.

Unfortunately during perimenopause, even on HRT you may still get mood swings due to your own cycle but hopefully they won't be quite as extreme (because your oestrogen won't dip so low) as before. You will still expect to get pmt just before your period to some extent, but as you get further towards menopause this should ease off somewhat!

Hurdity x

Miss K

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 06:25:03 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl and Hurdity!

Many thanks for your replies and advice. I am due back to my docs soon as was only given an initial supply of 3 months, so will mention Femoston to them.

I will let you know how I get on,

Thanks again ;)

Miss K