Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopausal, asthmatic carer!  (Read 4391 times)

Ms Saucy

Re: Menopausal, asthmatic carer!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 04:09:23 PM »

Hello there.
What an amazing lady, wife, mum and gran you are.....awesome and juggling it all.
Look after your self too. Ask the Macmillan nurse what you can access for carers, they can also support you with a Marie Curie sitter to allow you a morning etc off or a day just for me time......your wee granddaughter have a word with the headteacher they can access pupil premium money or you carers group to support you....the school could offer you maybe a couple of Eves of activities after school....... I am a nurse and spent years in Marie Curie and school nursing I do hope this helps in some way xxxx

Ms Saucy

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 04:24:26 PM »

Forgot to ask ...which area of the country are you in ? Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 04:30:27 PM »

Thanks for the update.

Mommarv

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »

I'm in Lincolnshire Ms saucy - thanks for your kind reply! We pay for DGD to stay an extra hour after school four days a week - started it last year as she loves school that much she asked to stay lol plus DD was on chemo so wasn't much fun for the little one at home a lot of the time bless her. Just read the leaflet that came with the Livial and am hoping and praying it works! Have read it can be beneficial to lack of motivation - defo need that at minute! Going to use this as opportunity to turn over a new leaf and start up some regular walking when husband is home now the days are getting longer. Just booked a holiday for the four of us at whitsun week in Kenmare, sth Ireland and there are lots of beautiful walks I wanted to do last time we went so going to get into training so I will be able to enjoy a few of them cx

Ms Saucy

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 04:54:21 PM »

You are a smashing lady.
Just looked at the Macmillan website too. They have a forum for support to carers. Ask school to fund some of those extra hours, they have access to monies for it to help you.
Maybe look at the sitting service via Marie Curie to give you a bit if time off....you daughter gets a change of company too...
I will have a look in Linc's what else maybe helpful to you. You are also eligible for carers allowance in caring for your DD honey xx

Mary G

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »

Mommary, that is one of the forms of HRT I have not tried but I hope it works out for you.  Well done for getting your doctor to prescribe it!

Mommarv

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 01:42:11 PM »

Mis saucy I asked school about this pupils premium and although DGD does qualify for free school meals they say the school has decided not to use it to fund after school care and if they offered this to all qualifying pupils (there are only a few at our school) they would have to make teaching assistants redundant! They said they would be happy to arrange a meeting to discuss a reduced rate under social needs but this would have to then be accepted by the governors. Made me feel guilty about asking for it now! By coincidence the Macmillan benefit advisor came today and she told us about it too! Cx
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:45:56 PM by Mommarv »

Mommarv

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 01:43:55 PM »

Thank you Mary g. I will post when I have made a verdict on it! Cx

Ms Saucy

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 05:57:50 PM »

Hi honey.
Gosh what an insensitive h' teacher.....apply anyway as is your right and that of your DD and DGD.....the governors would I am sure support it given the support it would give to you and the social experience it would give to your DGD......it isn't fare to say about TA's.....pupil premium money is to be  spent on the needs of the pupil......ask the Macmillan nurse to speak to school she will get you the support .....sending hugs xx
Pages: 1 [2]