Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sore throat  (Read 12483 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sore throat
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 01:20:06 PM »

My tongue is constantly scratching the roof of my mouth, any one else have this  :-\

dahliagirl

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 09:20:05 PM »

Yes.  It is probably the silver birch pollen.  This causes the itching but you can also get sore snuffly nose and sinuses, eyes and sore throat.

It can also happen if you eat apples, peaches, hazelnuts, almonds and many other things listed on the Allergy uk site.

Sometimes, I feel a bit rough for an hour or so, and nuts make me feel a bit sick (nothing serious though).

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 09:33:48 PM »

So is there anything that isn't allergic on Allergy UK site?  :-\

dahliagirl

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 09:47:16 PM »

It is a long list  :-\

I don't understand the two lists at the bottom - the top one is all the things I react to.  The bottom one - I'm not sure what that is ::)

It seems to vary with individuals - I thought it was just peaches and apples, but my list keeps growing.  It now includes my husband's homegrown tomatoes. :-\

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »

I can't eat bananas sometimes and gave up jam, homemade or otherwise, about 2 years ago.  My mouth begins to burn instantly.  Sometimes honey does the same.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

BrightLight

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »

It does sound like a virus. Interesting comments about hormone influence. I've sneezed a lot more since starting all this and have post nasal drip on and off too. It goes along with slightly dry eyes. Generally I think dehydration/dryness is a theme at this time. More allergies etc. I use a saline nasal spray when I feel the mucus increase, it causes a slight sore throat.

Hope your virus doesn't linger x
Pages: 1 [2]