Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this peri, depression or AD's?  (Read 5402 times)

babyjane

Re: Is this peri, depression or AD's?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 09:29:14 AM »

I have everything I want in life....it's not perfect don't have a lot of money but have been blessed with 2 lovely children and a good husbsnd. I did tell my husband to leave me earlier and find himself a decent wife.

hello I am late into your thread but I just want to respond to your original comment.  depression is to do with chemical or hormonal changes in your brain, and does not always have a bearing on your life or home situation.

There is reactive depression which is connected to an event or a trauma but this is different.  I also have a good life, wonderful husband, lovely children and grandchildren but I still need the support of a low dose AD to stabilise my thoughts and feelings.  Try not to look at it as an enemy, more as something that is part of you and find the best way to live alongside it for you, which will not be the same as for someone else.

what was your husband's reply?

Keep talking, keep posting.

SadLynda

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 10:46:39 AM »

Great post BJ, totally agree I am the same - I need my AD to cope with life it seems.

Reading through and having been here on the forum sometime now, one thing I have learnt is how different we all are.  What works for some of us will not for others.

For me its the AD, and diet - I now eat very healthy (aside from the day off I had yesterday, but no guilt for that)I love researching what is good food and love to cook it, my kitchen is being re-arranged now to store my new foods and gadgets.  I have enjoyed this so much my next plan is to do some nutritionist training, just need to raise the money to do it.  I know for me, and the DH an improved diet has proved very helpful.. but I would not dream of suggesting this would be a fix for everyone.

Hope today is a better one for you Mis71Mum.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 10:52:12 AM »

Good morning

Slept better last night and feel foggy headed this morning and having crazy hot sweats again but am freezing cold.  Still feel full of cold, etc so that's not helping.

I have booked an appointment for Wednesday to discuss either coming off or swapping my AD.

I'm hoping that I am doing the right thing.

Hopefully won't cry today either.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »

Forgot to mention, in the last 10 days whilst being on the patches, my BP has gone from 155/100 to 132/90.

My Mum also reminded me that the gyny I saw said I could be like this for 2 years, is that in addition to the 2 I've already been like this?

Babyjane - my husband said "don't be daft". He did go out last night with his mates...so he has got some space from me as I wouldn't want to live with me right now.

dangermouse

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 03:06:38 PM »

I hope this link might help if you read the perimenopause part http://www.womens-health-advice.com/estrogen.html

Things will get better but I agree with someone on the thread about plotting your cycle and symptoms so you know what to expect. There's nothing worse than feeling ok and then suddenly being thrown into hormonal chaos again!

Peri is a very tricky time for many women due to the brain's response to falling oestrogen (as explained in the link) and ADs may help keep your mood stable but like all of these things it's trial and error finding the right one.

You are (all) handling a really tough time physically and it will all calm down eventually so it's really about managing this crisis time for some of us.

Each day you get through you should give yourself a big pat on the back knowing you're getting closer to things settling.

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 03:45:37 PM »

My husband is still here, bless him.  He deserves a  :medal:  He is so patient, he just switches off, best thing really.  Things are getting a lot better this year, much more stable.

Hang in there all you lovely ladies and your menfolk  :hug:
Pages: 1 [2]