Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dreading tomorrow  (Read 3575 times)

Midnight Shadow

Dreading tomorrow
« on: March 28, 2016, 03:28:15 PM »

Had to leave work early last Thursday, vaginal / genital area was burning with avengeance.  Not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow,  as the sitting really aggravates that area. Does anyone else's Atrophy subside for  about three days as mine has done this weekend and then flare up again. Just feels like nettle stings. All I want to do is cry. Off to try my Vagifem. Seems very unfair that we all have to suffer this.  Sorry to keep posting, just need reassurance.  Thanks again.

Kathleen

Re: Dreading tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:08:05 PM »

Hello Midnight Shadow.

I can't help you with your problem but I did want to offer my sympathy and send hugs.

It is indeed unfair that we have to suffer so much and in so many ways. Not a day goes by that I don't curse the menopause and what it's doing to us!

Take care.

K.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »

Yes, the burning will come and go - this is why I have to manage things with plenty of local oestrogen plus Multi Gyn Actigel.  Perhaps use a ring cushion to sit on - I can't sit for too long(especially if it is hot) before things start to burn.  Don't wear tight trousers and take little walks often if possible. It is truly horrid when that burning takes hold. Try using some frozen peas in a plastic bag and wrapped in a tea towel and hold to your burning bits. during the evening.  Avoid tea and coffee at work - just drink water.  Dg x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:03:00 PM »

Use a cushion with a hole in it, to perch over?  Also keep using the Vagifem daily along with a lubricant for the outer areas.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 01:40:44 PM »

Hello CLKD Thanks for your advice. Will try the ring cushion to sit on, I have one of those. Which lubricant do you use for the outer area? Just got my results back from the Doctor so now know that it isn't Thrush., it must be the Atrophy. Wish I could use the estriol cream, but I can't makes the burning more severe. Will continue the Vagifem and hope the Kliovance works very soon. Sixty three more days at work until I retire, hopefully life will then be more stressful. Never thought I would say it but I can't wait. You take care. Anne

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 03:01:44 PM »

I use Ovestin1mg internally every 3/5 night, as well as KY Jelly or Savlon daily in the outer lips if they become dry/itchy.  It's keeping the area moist as dryness = itchiness.  Even if the area isn't dry I try to remember to treat it as I go to bed ………

I had to sit on a cushion as a young girl because I had an 'accident' to my cocxxy …….. (sp) - carrying that into Assembly every morning and sitting on the cushion on a chair when everyone else had to sit on the floor  :-\ …… I had to grow a Very Thick Skin!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 10:31:02 PM »

Any news?

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 06:37:24 AM »

Yes, thank you for asking meant to reply earlier. Very pleased to say I have had three very good days, although my periods have started again. I was told this could happen once i started the Kliovance HRT. Hopefully it is stimulating the eostrogen in the tissues. Just going on holiday for a few days. So looking forward to a good rest. Take care all of you. Anne.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 07:48:29 PM »

Let us know how you are on your return >wave<