Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bladder pain  (Read 1984 times)

Ju Ju

Bladder pain
« on: March 20, 2016, 08:32:49 AM »

I have started having bladder pain/discomfort, particularly first thing in the morning, particularly after a good I disturbed sleep. The discomfort takes a while to subside after emptying my bladder, but doesn't subside completely. I am not experiencing leakage or urgency, although I am told I do have a grade 2 front wall prolapse. I did before I had a hysterectomy and back wall repair 3 and half months ago. I have healed well, but continue to have bowel issues eg incomplete evacuation. My pelvic floor is improving through doing the physiotherapists recommended exercises.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bladder pain
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »

There are a lot of nerve endings down there.  Could it be that your bowel is pressing on the bladder = discomfort?  Does Nurofen etc. ease symptoms?

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 10:18:25 AM »

I wondered that. It was particularly bad this morning. I have been sleeping much better recently, if allowed to  :-\, so I haven't been getting up more than once in the night to go to the loo. There's no problem going to the loo like burning and stinging, just pain, like bruising and pressure. I haven't taken pain killers. I try to avoid because of bowel issues, but if it's like it was this morning again I will.

blossom60

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »

sounds like you have got some inflammation.

Might be worth getting some cranberry (juice or tabs).  I know they do not really cure infection but they do help to stop bacteria sticking to the bladder wall. Apparently. :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 01:55:27 PM »

Thank you.