Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Can I have a new spine please.  (Read 11561 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can I have a new spine please.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 10:58:18 AM »

Yep - it's what mine used to say plus "I didn't send you to ballet classes for you to walk like that!"  ;D

Now I notice that she is leaning over lots more than 12 months ago - but she scurries along when we go out walking (89!).

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »

'pick your feet up'.  'scammell footed' was a favourite comment when I tripped because I was being marched along faster than my short fat legs could manage. I ask you, what the hell does that mean?

I am quite irritated and angry today  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »

Good!  Get it out  ;) - off to read other messages, I've been here 30 mins and I was only 'popping in'  ::)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »

Oh you both have made me laugh. Never heard of scammell footed before but have owned vintage scammell lorries in the past, they are very big and heavy so maybe it wasn't a compliment ;D

Anyone done Alexander Technique?  I am not sure I want to spend an awful lot of money on this as you don't learn it in a couple of lessons and then find it has not helped but have read that it is very effective for back problems. 

Remember that piano playing muppet on the muppet show that used to stick its head forward to read the music then play the piano well my husband says this is me to a tee all day long trying to see what I am looking at and no wonder I am in such a state with my spine after 54 years of it.   Its very hard not to squint and stick your chin forward and slouch your shoulders when you can't see.  Maybe the Alex Tech is exactly what I need!

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 11:59:35 AM »

glad we amused you.  No, not much said to me as a child could be classed as complimentary  :(

I have a cataract and that is bad enough.  I can't imagine how difficult things must be for you.

No, haven't heard of Alexander but I do have an excellent young chiropractor called Ben  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 12:09:21 PM »

Oh do tell  ;D

Alexander Technique - I think we have threads here if you do a 'search'?  Again, a personal trainer at a Leisure Centre might give advice?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 01:31:19 PM »

Blimey baby jane how do you cope with a young man manhandling  your body!  I have a middle aged male chiropractor and thats bad enough and he is most def not in any way sexy :o
At least my chiro lets me wear the hospital gown that opens at the back with my underwear on for treatment although when he lowers my knickers down my bum to stick needles in I always think " dear me what a sight he must be seeing".
I remember osteopaths who insist on you standing in front of them witn nothing but your underwear on and then asking you to do certain manouvers like bending over as far as you can go :o :o :o 
I always wondered if they had a hidden camera to have a good laugh at later.

babyjane

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 02:16:12 PM »

No gowns, just T shirt or vest top and shorts or jogging bottoms (that sounds a bit ambiguous to me). countrybumpkin just what have you started  :-X

It's when he virtually lies on top of me with one leg on the couch that it feels a bit - er, hellooooo  :oops:. However he is married and just become a father and is the same age as my son which stops any untoward thoughts creeping in.  that would just be so wrong  :whist:

countrybumpkin

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 07:24:22 PM »

;D ;D  My chiro makes strange noises when he is treating you, like a rhythmical grunt which made me open my eyes the first time but that was about 7 years ago and he always does it, its just him concentrating. I have never had the courage to tell him it sounds decidedly suspicious ;D

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »

:o ……… I would be running a mile !!!!!

What was the question again  ;D

coldethyl

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 07:32:35 PM »

I'm so glad you mentioned the grunting. Mine used to make these weird breathing noises ( like dirty phonecall breathing) whenever he gave me a back massage. I never liked to say it sounded rude.
I've a friend who reaches Alexander .. No idea if it works but she does have amazing grace and posture when she walks for a woman in her late sixties.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 07:36:56 PM »

http://www.city-academy.com

Sounds a bit energetic to me  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 09:47:35 PM »

mine just chats away about his new baby during adjustments  ;D

countrybumpkin

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 09:51:55 PM »

coldethyl - you are right its more like dirty phone call breathing than grunting, maybe its how they teach them ;D 

Even after all these years I can barely keep a straight face while he is doing it so to speak!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 12:13:44 PM »

Interesting weekend with my back. At least I can now straighten up and walk which is a big improvement but getting bad abdominal spasms which are probably coming from the spinal nerves. I have long history of unexplained abdominal pain for past 8 years, even had my appendix removed and every test and camera imaginable ;D

I was told either bad attacks of ibs or its from my spinal nerves.

Saw my Gp today who examined me and thinks its from my spine. I am off to my dirty phone call breathing chiro this afternoon, how I am going to keep my face straight after what you lot have said I don't know :o

The Gp did say that if I still have the pain a few weeks then she will send me for a pelvic ultrasound to rule out my womens bits being the cause, yet more tests!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4