Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause and HRT  (Read 1668 times)

Jackie22

Perimenopause and HRT
« on: April 14, 2016, 04:38:44 PM »

Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum and hope to gain more knowledge about treatments although whether meno fog brain lets me remember them is another thing!
I'm 47 and have been peri for a few years. Had blood work done to confirm this and have been on elleste duet 1 mg for 8 days and feel worse. Sickness and dizzy, headaches, and sheer exhaustion. My sweats are the same as is my zero sleeping pattern at night. I know you have to give hrt time for your body to adjust but I get married in 10 weeks and the thought of staying on this and feeling worse makes me panic so much. I could try another but what if I don't get on with that one either?
I think I may have to forget it until after the wedding and try the natural route until then. My mum was on prempak c years ago for 10 years and she felt great on it. I have a feeling I won't be as lucky 😞
I'm hoping to get great advice from you ladies 😘

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Perimenopause and HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »

What symptoms do you want to ease?

:welcomemm:  browse round, make notes  ;)

A Forum wedding, how lovely  ;D ………..  :congrats:

Dancinggirl

Re: Perimenopause and HRT
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 05:15:38 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Jackie22
Do be patient, it is very, very early days. At your age it is important to have the HRt to protect your heart and bones for the long term.
I assume you have been given the sequential version - which will be oestrogen only for the first two weeks and then progesterone is added in froth final 2 weeks?  After you finish the progesterone phase you should get a bleed so if you get married in ten weeks that will work out just right.  If you have only been on the oestrogen fro 8 days this will only just be starting to work it's magic - I bet by the end of next week you will start to feel the benefits - better sleep usually kicks in around week 2.  Prempak is the older style HRT and what you have been given has natural, bio identical oestrogen which is much better.
It sound to me as though you have pre wedding stress.  Sickness, feeling dizzy and headaches are not usual on oestrogen.  Having aid this, if you are still pair meno then your own hormones will be fluctuating in the background and it takes 2-3 months for the HRT to take control and make you feel back on track. I think you have timed starting the HRT just right - so not give up. Many do really well on Elleste but if after 3-6 months you feel the progesterone doesn't suit you then there are others to try - the oestrogen will be the same though.  Dg x