Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Looking *older* than your age?  (Read 19342 times)

babyjane

Re: Looking *older* than your age?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »

well I really don't think I am imagining that my lines are finer.  Not only in the mirror but in photographs too.  I have been using it for three months now.

Night_Owl

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 08:04:03 PM »

Thanks to All for comments.

Babyjane, does the Argan Oil sink in? - sometimes I use Vitamin E oil and it sits on top of the skin - only at night though as I need a face cream during the day as a base for make-up.  Also, does the Argan smell good?  I've used the hair oil but never face.

Dorothy

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 08:12:16 PM »

I always used to look younger than my age.  Since starting meno at 35 I've aged rapidly.  I've never minded growing older gradually, but I am finding the rapidity of recent changes hard to cope with - it feels like I age a couple of years every month!  For the first time in my life, I'm starting to get people thinking I'm older than I am.  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »

:bighug:  doesn't matter on here ;-)

Dorothy

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 09:04:00 PM »

Yay!

kew

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 07:41:37 AM »

Yes I've found that I seemed to have aged rapidly.  Meno at 46 and then the last two years of stress at work and then redundancy have all had an effect.  In the last few months the dreaded turkey neck is starting to show.  I'm even considering surgery now (can't really afford it), but I'm not ready to be my mother.

scriv

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 09:27:30 AM »

Also battled against early meno and hypothyroidism , but thanks to HRT and levothyroxine I am now at nearly 63 and not doing too bad really.

After years of hair colouring and wonderful help from my hairdresser, I reached the point where all colours/highlights seemed to make  my skin look harsh and I allowed the grey to take over. It is now a blend of grey and silver and very weirdly seems to enhance my skin!!! I now call it Silver, not grey, and work to enhance it and I feel good about it.

With grey hair, I have to wear good strong colours and I wear bold coloured jewellery and glasses. Look at people like Christine Lagarde for enhancing silver hair. I try very hard not to dress like a frump, but not as mutton dressed as lamb.

I now feel comfortable with my age and stage, but for me the worst has been the worsening problem with chin hair!!!!

Dorothy

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 10:22:12 AM »

You have my sympathy with the chin hair.  I'm seriously considering abandoning the battle and just growing a nice goatee instead!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »

You have my sympathy with the chin hair.  I'm seriously considering abandoning the battle and just growing a nice goatee instead!

;D ;D  So nice to know I am not alone!  I have had a problem since I was young being black haired and developed the full beard problem after my underactive thyroid was diagnosed ( not that that is the cause). I was tested for all the hormone problems like pcos but nope, I am just related to a gorilla ::)

I have very very reactive skin so hair removal cream made me look like a burns victim for a week as did waxing. So it was the trusty old shaver.  Recently tried a test patch for laser hair removal and thankfully they did it under my chin as the area went bright red like a traffic light for 4 hrs afterwards so they refused to do it obviously.

Anyone got any other ideas as i feel such a freak with my old mans shaver every day ;)

Dorothy

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »

Safety in numbers - join me in founding the MM beards club!

coldethyl

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »

I certainly feel like I have added ten years in the last six months. Hair thinner, my weight seems to have diverted itself from and even spread over body to hovering in three inch space between belly button and pubic bone and I just feel older. I had a bit of a weepy spell in car on hubby this morning and said I don't think I'm going to survive this. Some days I mean that literally but realistically , the me I was has gone these last few months. So much anxiety and pain is draining and destroys a lot of what makes us us.... I think I need to take up drinking again.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 04:57:25 PM »

I certainly feel like I have added ten years in the last six months. Hair thinner, my weight seems to have diverted itself from and even spread over body to hovering in three inch space between belly button and pubic bone and I just feel older. I had a bit of a weepy spell in car on hubby this morning and said I don't think I'm going to survive this. Some days I mean that literally but realistically , the me I was has gone these last few months. So much anxiety and pain is draining and destroys a lot of what makes us us.... I think I need to take up drinking again.

Aww sorry you are struggling so much.  No you don't need the drink it would just add even more health problems to the exisiting ones!  I know what you mean though.  Due to hiatus hernia I cannot have any alcohol at all and I mean none not even a drop or I get such severe acid reflux I am literally sick for days and haven't had any alcohol for 20 years but some days I do say " I wish I could get drunk". 

babyjane

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 05:15:33 PM »

Safety in numbers - join me in founding the MM beards club!

here is a link to a club we started  :)

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31049.0.html

Night_Owl

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 05:59:25 PM »

Sorry that you're finding things so tough Coldethyl.  You words are so profound - I can relate to all that you've said here.

"The me I was has gone".  Oh yes, I get that totally.

When the migraine is particularly bad, I would be happy not to survive any of this wretched menopause.  It would be great to be able to have a drink

Let's hope for brighter days.

coldethyl

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 06:57:17 PM »

When I had really bad migraine last week, I thought if only this would stop I could manage. And it did. Only to be replaced by an increase in hot flashes coupled with adrenaline surges and palpitations. It's that I hate the most -that  there doesn't seem to be a day I'm symptom free and that I no longer feel able to make a rational decision about treatment as I'm in such a tailspin.
I tell myself it will pass. X

I haven't drank since I was 19 so won't be starting anytime soon but sometimes it is tempting x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4