Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Amitryplin  (Read 2241 times)

margaret

Amitryplin
« on: September 11, 2016, 05:17:48 PM »

Hi Ladies, I'm taking Amitryplin for my bad back and I think it may have made my vaginal atrophy worse, should I do a reload with the estriol cream for 2 weeks, I've got the stinging feeling up inside and the need to wee a lot again.

Thanks x

countrybumpkin

Re: Amitryplin
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »

Yes this drug is cholegenic ( sorry for spelling) which means that things dry up ::) usually its your mouth but of course can affect everywhere else as well.  Some anti histamines do the same as well.

You may need to increase VA treatment if you want to stay on this for your back pain.
I cannot take this for my back pain as it gives me severe acid reflux.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 01:27:00 PM »

Also drink plenty of water - when I get this burning and need to pee more often I put a teaspoon of bicarb in a small bottle of mineral water and take drinks from this regularly over 6-12 hours  - if there is a UTI brewing up this can prevent it taking hold. Sylk and Multi Gyn Actigel also help to keep things moisturised/lubricated and healthy around the ‘lady bits' . DG x

margaret

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 02:13:41 PM »

Thank you all for your reply's, I've stopped taking the tablets, I would rather have the back pain than the VA, I'm drinking plenty of water and I have checked my wee for any infections I bought some testing strips online just to make sure, and I have started a 2 week reload of my cream. 

:D xxx