Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: neck pain  (Read 23363 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: neck pain
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 08:12:06 PM »

Is your husband telling you something  ;)  :o

Our bed is 6' 6' x 7' ;-).  Problem is getting sheets to fit  ::).  Have a look at Furniture Village, we have been happy with their products.  My neck is sore this evening, will be better once I'm in the bath.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 02:37:23 PM »

What's in your cabinets?  The design we have has drawers on either side. 

My neck was in slight spasm as I went to sleep but was OK when I woke 8 hours later.  Phew!

Meadowblue

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »

Sorry for all suffering this.  Have to say though I was pleased to read there are others as I have been suffering this for the past 6 months.  It comes and goes and I've tried lots of different pillows and a mattress topper to no avail.  It is horrible.

Suzi Q

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 12:50:00 PM »

Hi well my chiro was fab, I have inflamed ligaments and tight muscles due to bad posture and using an iPad to freecuently, which puts lots of pressure on your neck when looking down at the screen, he twisted my neck either way and sorted my back at the same time, I have to put a cold compress on 3 times a day and do neck exercises, am seeing him again on Monday. Regards to gastro clinic , I am having to have an endoscopy to see if I have a hernia so not looking forward to that. Hopefully get this all sorted soon. And I need to gain half a stone haha easier said than done, can you really go off food in menopause.lol.

Yes i was size 14 went to size 8 couldn't and forgot to eat
Still do 24 years after starting pre meno itvwas 2.30 before I remembered id not had
A thing to eat. Chiropractor is my second gp to me a good one is worth his weight
My back causes my tummy to tighten making me have back and tummy pain which
Makes me want to wee we ehich then agrivates my vaginal atrophy he gives me relief
I hope endoscopy isnt to uncomfy good luck x

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 04:29:39 PM »

Peri I stayed at the premier Inn a few times and there mattresses are lush. You can go online and buy them so that's what I'm doing. Good luck xx

Yes I agree that their beds are really comfortable  :) Which website are you using please?

Megamind

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »

There is a link on the premier inn website. A double mattress is £465.

peri

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 07:44:36 PM »

Hi
Dennylou and Megamind I've only just seen your replies re neck pain/mattress and where to get them will definitely check that out, thanks x

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 05:45:58 PM »

You could try reflexology did the trick for me as I had neck pain for years and no longer bothered with it xx
   How many sessions did you need before you felt a benefit? I tried it many years ago for something else (not neck pain) but decided it wasn't doing anything for me and so it wasn't worth spending more on it.

Dennylou48

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »

Hi all the mattresses can be bought on the premier inn site. Www.premierinnmatresses.co.uk.
I am only on my third week of seeing a chriro, with neck exercises and a cold compress 3 times a day it is slowly getting better, although I slept on the sofa last night and has not helped my neck at all. 😡. I'm sure this is hormone related as well as bad posture and trying to remember to not tilt my head forward while on the iPad is so hard. It's a pain in the bum alternating heat for muscles and cold for ligaments so yesterday I did 40 minutes in the hot tub for muscles and then hour later cold compress for ligaments. I just can't stretch it out its adding to all my other menopause symptoms and is dragging me down, are any of you lovely ladies on anti depressants, my doctor has prescribed me Prozac but I have never had anti d,s before. Thank you all for your replys. Xxxxxx

dahliagirl

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »

I think it is not helped by tension in the muscles.

Before I started meno and when I was on the pill, I did not have a problem, although I would go stiff down one side of my neck and shoulders if I spent all day on a computer.

Since then, I wake up with my shoulders round my ears, teeth clenched etc.

I do yoga and exercises but they just spring back again.  I just have to keep reminding myself during the day.

If I have to spend a while on the computer I put a wheat bag round my neck to help relax the muscles and have been known to take it to bed.

Dennylou48

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 03:03:45 PM »

I also wake with a clenched jaw and find myself doing this through the day but don't realise I'm doing it. So annoying. My shoulders do hurt as well but the neck is causing  more pain. Apparently the a d will help me to relax so won't be so tense. I have never had them so don't know. Wanted to ask if anyone else has.

Megamind

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 04:24:41 PM »

I think Dr's tend to  prescribe AD's for people who are in pain. My husband was prescribed them when he had a slipped disc but he refused to take them. Personally, I wouldn't take them for pain but that's a personal choice. You could try them and see how you get on.

I get pain behind my shoulder blade more than the tip of it.

Dennylou48

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 04:07:05 PM »

Well ladies I'm into my 4th week seeing a chriro and applying cold compress and exercise 3 times a day, it is gradually getting there and I don't even think about it when I'm out anymore, so it's working, regards to using the iPad I now bring it up to eye level rather than tilting my head forward all the time, another thing was posture and I have found this so hard cos I like to curl up on the sofa which I have been advised not to do, bloody rubbish that I can't but I sit now with my head against the back of the sofa so it's not pulling, complete pain in the bum but it's working. I hope you all are feeling better with yours too xx

Megamind

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 05:37:14 PM »

Glad things are working for you.

I had some kind of trapped nerve this week. Tingling in my lower back then pain. This lasted two days then the pain went to the side of my neck with tingling in my neck. The neck pain was worse than the back pain. So tried to keep active rather than sitting about and it has eased off today. I think I must have slept oddly. I always wake up stiff!

I too like to curl up on the sofa. I always tend to sit with my legs up and am often leaning to the side. I have tried to sit normally but it's so hard to break the habit of a lifetime!

As I was reading this, I started putting my head against the back of the sofa!

elainewin

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 06:35:49 PM »

Thanks ladies for all your replies  ,yes i think most of my neck pain comes from being on my laptop . but i am trying to exercise in between times. my ast pillow i bought has helped greatly ,memory foam cloud,only trouble with that its hot in this weather lol cant win them all .
Pages: 1 [2] 3