Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is this how it should be?  (Read 1446 times)

Suecee1958

Is this how it should be?
« on: February 27, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »

Hi started HRT a month ago - Femseven Conti patches - have been post menopausal for 8 years.  So far the hot flashes have gone and sleeping is good.  One of the most horrible symptoms of the menopause has been anxiety.  I have had a couple of good weeks with HRT when I felt fantastic and then my mood has dropped again.  I do feel that the "good times" are bubbling under the surface and wanted to know if this is normal after a month?

I really look forward to hearing from you!  :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Is this how it should be?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »

Early days, early days - give it at least 3-6 months for the hormones to really work their magic.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 05:30:28 PM »

Hi Suecee - is this the first HRT you have had in the 8 years since your last period? Not sure how old you are but as Dancinggirl says it normally takes a while for your body to get used to having oestrogen again.

If your mood continues to stay a bit iffy then it is possible you could be reacting to the progestogen in the patches which is given continuously for post-menopausal women. Some women get continuous low-grade adverse side effects from progestogens - but most women are fine as we don't hear from them on here!

I agree - you should give it 3 months and then see how you feel. Keep a mood diary so that you can look back and see  any improvement - but don't go looking for trouble  ::)

Hope you continue to see an overall improvement as time goes on :)

Hurdity x

Suecee1958

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 07:31:44 PM »

Thanks Hurdity and DG - Hurdity this is the first HRT I have tried and I am 55.  It's like I am getting glimpses of feeling good and then after a few days it goes away.  I know it's early days and am looking forward to this improving as time goes on  :)