Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Please please help me  (Read 91523 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Please please help me
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2016, 09:18:23 AM »

You B as sorry for yourself as you feel  like, we are here to listen!  Been there etc., I know when I decided I wanted help I wanted it yesterday  ::) …….. no one prepared me for feeling so ill ………. are you able to phone the Dept. to see if they will give you a cancellation appt. at short notice?

Mandz

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2016, 12:40:10 PM »

Hi all bit of good news..... I hope

The psychiatric team phoned around 930, there's a cancellation at 4pm so I got the space x

Don't know what to expect but I'm nervous of going xx

Justjules

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2016, 12:59:52 PM »

Brilliant news Mandz.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.  My fingers and toes are all crossed for you.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2016, 01:03:07 PM »

Go for it! and let us know how you get on?

Mandz

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »

Thank u ladies....

I promise I will....

I hope this will start of something positive ..... I can't bear anymore let downs xxx

Mandz

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »

-----ANYONE ANY ADVICE FOR ME....????

Xxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 01:39:50 PM »

Have you had a look at Prof Studd's website? He is a leading expert on hormonal depression, anxiety and severe PMS.

He speaks about how far too many women are misdiagnosed with clinical depression or an anxiety disorder, when in fact it is all down to fluctuating hormone levels. He says these misdiagnosed women can spend their lives seeing psychiatrists and taking a whole shed load of drugs, when really they just need hormonal therapy.

Have a read through his case studies, and see if you might recognise yourself. He cites women who have been treated for bi polar for years, but after starting hormone therapy have made a full recovery within 3 months.

Do you get a handful of 'good' days per month, where you feel quite a bit better and more like your old self? If you do, then it's almost guaranteed that all your anxiety, depression and panics are simply being triggered by an acute sensitivity to hormonal fluctuations.

It might sound very far fetched, but it's absolutely true. I have always suffered with PMS and also had PND, so this proves I am acutely sensitive to hormonal levels.

Going into my 40s suddenly my PMS got 100 times worse, and with it came a dreadful anxiety that can make me feel absolutely wretched inside, to the extent I could heave and my hands tremble. I can also feel so low and depressed that I can't even bring myself to smile at my

But I still also get a run of days each month where I have no anxiety and feel like my usual self. This wouldn't happen if I had clinical depression or an anxiety disorder

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2016, 04:41:15 PM »

Good post GRL - I remember PMT really well.  When I first had periods I would feel queasy a few days prior to a bleed; as I got older, i.e. in my 20s, I would weep copiously the night before a bleed, even if period wasn't due: sure enough, the next morning the bleed would begin.  In my 30s I had dreadful nausea prior to the period starting, PMT hikes up in the 10-14 days prior to a bleed and stops once the period begins.  It never occurs in the days after the bleed stops.

Keeping a mood diary could help Mandz ………. as well as what you eat. 

Will you take someone with you, so that you don't get fobbed off?

Mandz

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2016, 02:00:56 PM »

Hi ladies.... Well yesterday morning woke up thinking it was gonna be start of another" crappy" day

Phone rang and it was physiatric team saying there was a cancellation at 4pm if I wanted it....yes!!!

Half hour later my sister turned up unexpectedly on my doorstep.....she lives 4hours drive from me,and I just was sooooo grateful to see her

She offered to come with me to see physiatrist .....the relief of that was immense to say the least

To make you understand, my sister and I have never been close, and she is a VERY independent strong woman,(widowed 9years ago)..... She doesn't suffer fools..... And she was estranged from my mum for 20 plus years!!! They are slowly building a "sort of" relationship since my mum lost her partner end of 2014

The physiatrist said she could come in if I wanted her to, and leave if I wanted her too....

She held my hand and put across things that wouldn't come out my mouth or when I got muddled, and explained our relationship with our parents and each other....

Hour and half later .....he is putting me on escitralopram, ( I've read on other threads about it) , and I've to get ECG to check that it doesn't interfere with my heart rhythm .....with the lowest dose of the mirtazapiine.... And he has suggested taking the diazepam at night as it may help with the stomach knotting in the morning".......
To see my own doc in fortnight and to discuss the hrt with her
And back to him in fortnight....

My sister then explained it all to my hubby ..... And the relief I felt last night was immense!

And I'm so glad my sister was with me.......eternally grateful xxx

This morning though I felt I was able to visit local asda ....... Just for couple of things.... Walked in, major panic..... Had to leave, home and cried for half an hour but I'm ok now ..... I'm just grateful for yesterday xxxx

My sis then

BrightLight

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2016, 02:06:15 PM »

Hi Mandz - so good to read you had such a good experience with your sister and sounds like you feel everything went well. Its a great step forward, hope you can take it easy today x

Mandz

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »

Thank u bright light.... I just felt last night there's hope, haven't felt that for a while

I forgot to add that also yesterday, my dearest friends mum painted a piccy( me n her started art class on a tues evening-thought It would help me, I forget life for a couple of hours) of a cartoon of three highland cows-we live up near Inverness- which represents us three.....
It's really cute and makes me smile

As I say.....was a good day yesterday, just hoped too much today I guess xxxx

coldethyl

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2016, 02:39:39 PM »

Well done on going and making a start at getting well again xx

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2016, 03:05:36 PM »

You had a HUGE day yesterday! and your sister was there to put your feelings across so it seems that she understands.

Now: let the medication do the work.  Rest as much as you are able to.  Walk as much as you feel able to because fresh air and sunshine can help. 

The Psychiatrist is dealing with similar situations daily and is able to advise on medication regimes.  Hopefully your GP will be supportive too!

Mandz

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2016, 03:19:27 PM »

Thank u coldethyl and CLKD

I thank whoever was watching over me yesterday........ There was just so many things that just fell into place when, for soooooooo long I felt I was not getting anywhere I was screaming and screaming inside to get some kind of help/normality ..... I just felt deserted

I'm rambling I know .......... I just hope that anyone else going through this or can relate to this knows ......or even just reading this ....knows where I'm coming from

I have doc on Friday - an appointment that was made last week before I knew when I would see physiatrist so hoping I can maybe see about the HRT

LOVE M X

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2016, 05:18:11 PM »

You ramble away, it gets it out of your head and away!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27