Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hrt advice  (Read 1186 times)

Janice68

Hrt advice
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »

Hi,

Just looking for advice just recently had the mirena coil fitted . I was put on premarin tablet 1.25mg lasted 2 weeks on that one so am speaking to doctor tomorrow about another hrt tablet but this time I want to try a  2mg dose as my symptoms never went away on the low doses. I've already tried patches had bad side effects with that and the gel was not being absorbed so my only option is the tablet form any recommendation would be appreciated to what brand name I can use etc

I've tried a few hrts now and they have all helped with aches and pains but not hot flushes, insomnia, hairloss they just seem to wire me up etc

Any help appreciated!    Janx

Dancinggirl

Re: Hrt advice
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »

I wouldn't use oestrogen in tablet form - transdermal is much better. If you have the Mirena in place you can use oestrogen in any form at any dosage but I would try Oestrogel because you can start on just one pump per day for 3-4 weeks and then if your meno symptoms are not reduced you can increase to 2 pumps per day.  You can go up to 4 pumps per day if needed but using oestrogen in this transdermal way the absorption is better and you may not need such a high dose. 
You can apply the gel to inner thighs ( I always applied it there ) either morning or evening.  The alternative would be to use oestrogen patches but you can't adjust the dosage so easily.
 Dg x