Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Does age really make a difference ?  (Read 1917 times)

Dibleydo

Does age really make a difference ?
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:23:20 PM »

Is the age 60 really a deciding factor with HRT,I am  60 in 6 months time and have so far tried natural ways,soya,red clover,sage,isoflavones,magnet in nix,etc,then went to HRT in desperation,although tried about 7 types of HRT still looking for THE one due to horrific night sweats that give me about 3 hours sleep a night, now I'm wondering if when I get to 60 the Dr's will shut the door in my face and I'll have no choice of HRT at all,look forward to your experiences of this.
 Thank you Dibleydo   

Joyce

Re: Does age really make a difference ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »

I turn 60 in 3 months. Tried coming off HRT,  but GP has said life quality is more important & was happy for me to restart. My body has been very thankful!  :)

Dibleydo

Re: Does age really make a difference ?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »

Stellajane, I have only had tablets,most were for 3 months,I didnt know to ask about gel or patches,it seems that we need to be very well informed when going to the Dr's,my surgery doesnt seem to offer much unless you already know about it,at present I'm trying to track down evorel Sequi,but no chemists near me have it or are successful when they order it, I will continue to try and get some if not I'll go back to Dr's and then speak with more authority next time,thanks for your advice.