Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Constipation  (Read 11584 times)

Re: Constipation
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 05:39:50 PM »

Don't know exactly what's been the problem with me, but it's been going on for almost 2 years. Thinking back it started as an annoying feeling of having some small pieces stuck. I would notice this after I had gone to bed and had to get up again and push them out. This escalated over a few months and I got worried about what was wrong. I pushed too much, got swollen/sore/could barely sit. Had a hemmoroidh confirmed eventually. Now? Better, but still lots of problem with incomplete evacuations. I often feel the need to go multiple times a day, with only a little comkng out at a time. Sometimes looser, sometimes harder. Annoying!

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 07:38:53 PM »

Nowadays I don't push much at all. I'm very careful. I guess that's why I'm also better, even though it's still annoying. I've been to the GP and also a private gyn. They couldn't find anything wrong with me...

Sarai

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 08:01:44 PM »

When my constipation was bad a year or so ago I used glycerine suppositories they work a treat.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 08:06:14 PM »

:o - not at tea time though!

Sorry to bang on about Actimel ……. but I was drinking 2-3 pots daily which really did help.  If I don't drink them I have slow transit.  I 'go off' food stuffs quite quickly.  My mind doesn't work enough so I have to put a tick on the calendar on the days I 'go'  ::) - sometimes it's small pellets, sometimes runny, sometimes I sit for ages with a crossword book until I go.

Mum swears by Beconol and figs, lots of.  DH never has problems because he eats LOTS of fruit daily.

I find brisk exercise can get the bowel working too.  I also found eating a muesli for breakfast fills me up enough so that I don't need to reach for shop made buns etc..  I also don't eat as much chocolate. 

Toptotoe

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 08:16:28 PM »

Well, it appears that I'm not alone ....

Tomorrow I'm seeing my GP so I will update then. Meanwhile I've had a dose of lactulose today ...so we'll see..

Also our upstairs toilet has just stopped working! Timing couldn't be worse  :(

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 08:38:38 PM »

Plumber required?

Toptotoe

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 09:46:47 PM »

Oh yes....
My other half has spent the evening trying to fix it....now it's time for the plumber!

On the subject of pelvic floors....I have done Pilates for the past 8 years. I'll be really fed up if I've not been doing doing it correctly  :(

Toptotoe

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 12:10:53 PM »

Just seen my GP who examined me , and suggested movicol for 10 days then stop for a week then see her again....with a view to possible referral for investigations. Also she is going to refer me to gynae due to vaginal symptoms I'd described a few weeks ago ( I think that was the VA).

I asked about physio- she said that only gynae can refer

By the way the lactulose helped a bit..

So there you go...'living in hope!' X

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 08:59:59 PM »

'there you go'  ;) - well last night I did: GO!  We had lots of fresh veg. for tea which gave me tummy ache, at 11.50 I had to sit on the loo for 25 mins., won't go into details but I was probably pounds lighter when I went back to bed  :-X  ::)  …… I didn't feel ill, but certainly had a 'good clear out' …….. haven't felt the need at all today.  Now I need to decide what worked!

I love prunes from a tin, the juice mostly  ::)

Toptotoe

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 10:08:16 PM »

CLKD- what a relief that must be !!

I'm a prune fan too....I like to put a few prunes into my porridge as it's heating up in the microwave.

Xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 08:24:08 AM »

I seem to have sorted the going nearly everyday day and soft consistency for now, but not the incomplete evacuation.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »

Ain't this a complete nuisance  >:(.  Small hard bits can be left behind just inside the rectum or the area can become slightly bruised so that it feels 'full'.  Isn't it amazing that the body can pass wind but usually leaves pooh behind  :o ……..

I wouldn't suggest colonics more than twice a year! because the point is to encourage the bowel to evacuate naturally …. same as using too many laxatives, apparently the bowel gets lazy. 

As I am sitting I feel like I need to 'go' …….. I have 3 word search and 1 cross word books by the loo upstairs  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 01:20:45 PM »

I'm been 4 times this morning and now feel all is clear for now. It's such a nuisance and distressing if you have to go out, particularly for an appointment. I used to get up very early before going to work to give myself time and would still not get the urge to go until I was going out the door.  >:(

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 01:29:09 PM »

until I get the stimulus to go I could sit there all day with no result but once my bowel moves I have to go straight away. I only go once a day, it will not move again until the next day no matter how much, or what, I eat.

Witches Cat

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »

Me too Babyjane, if I can't go when I get the call, it causes probs for a couple of days after.
Pages: 1 [2] 3