Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: lorazepam withdrawel help needed  (Read 13053 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: lorazepam withdrawel help needed
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 01:47:15 PM »

Of course you will feel 'odd', your body/brain aren't used to Valium.  5mg is not a huge amount ………. if you are able to get 2.5mg then try it x3.  R U working today?

You need to give this medication a chance! at least 3/4 days.  Your GP can give reassurance but there isn't much else other than 3 a day, then 2 a day, probably a gap of a day etc., what ever your GP has suggested. I remember realising as I withdrew from an AD that the bounce-back symptoms: which scared me a LOT incase I never felt well again :'(:  didn't become worse after 36 hours ……. once I realised I was able to relax and use the withdrawal regime as prescribed. It took 9 weeks in all, it wasn't easy but I had to trust my GP!

Don't confuse this with the medication you have stopped taking.  Accept that Valium is the drug of choice which should ease your into withdrawal so that you don't require either. 

By the way, my Lorazepam is in 1mg doses ……….. 1 when anxiety takes over is enough to stop it thank goodness!

Little steps.

theresalou

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »

Thank you clkd, took another 2.5mg at 1pm- feeling awful and scared but as you say not a lot more gp can do so will give it time. Yes it does feel like I will never be 'well again'. not working again til monday so hopefully it will be better by then- as I really can't take anymore time off.

Pollie

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »

Thankyou Polly, yes I did read them but gp said just switch over so did so- think if no better tomorrow will go back to him.
Thank you.

Your GP will not be as expert as Prof Ashton. Your GP deals with many areas of health that is why they are call General Practitioners but they will not be versed in what you are about to embark on. You need to study this as if you were studying for an exam and then you need to educate your GP !  Prof Ashton is the closest you will get to EXPERT on this journey and she suggests switching ONE tablet at a time not all three as you are doing.

Absolutely go back to him, but go back armed with knowledge....

theresalou

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 03:03:41 PM »

Thank you ladies your support and advice has been a godsend! As when you are in the situation it is so easy to think you are the only one, then you come on here and realise you are not alone !

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 03:15:03 PM »

My GP is well versed in medication withdrawal  :-\ …….. he gave me good advice when I needed to stop an AD in early 2002/3. 

Theresalou - rest as much as you are able to this week!  If possible, don't fight against the withdrawal regime.  Make notes as to how you feel? 1-5 is my judge as to how bad my anxiety is, 5 being the highest.

Taz2

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »

Hi theresalou - I hope you get some more advice from your GP. Have you had a look at the Benzobuddies site http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/? So many people going through the same thing who may be able to advise you.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 08:21:31 PM »

How R U this evening?  Maybe not take the mid-day dose 2-morrow if you still feel a bit weird? sticking with first thing and evening - you can sleep off any side effects of the evening one in the night.

theresalou

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »

Well glad yesterday has gone! going to try stick with the 2.5mg x3 per day if I can but took first dose at 6 this morning and already feeling the need for the next dose and its only just after 9am!! but may have to do 2.5 x 4 as I am concerned that its still only equivalent to 1mg lorazepam and I was at 1.5mg. This is sooo hard but I so want to be free of these damn pills. Hoping things will improve over the next couple days.

babyjane

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 09:55:32 AM »

Hi, I am following your thread but not contributing as I have nothing to offer on this subject myself.  Just wanted to give you a gentle cyber ((hug)) and hope you soon feel better.

theresalou

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 10:17:17 AM »

Babyjane thank you! This site has so many lovely people on here it really does help, feeling quite tearful at all the support from people who have similar experiences, it can feel such a lonely experience at times but I am very lucky to have the most amazing husband who pushes me on when I think I can't take any more!  xx

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 12:52:58 PM »

Did you sleep?

What are your symptoms exactly?  The two medications are different so STOP comparing the dosage!!!!

Try to leave at least 4 hours between each dose.  Or you could use the 2.5mg x 2 and the higher dose at night time when you should be able to sleep through any side-effects. 

theresalou

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 01:19:25 PM »

yes did sleep but am on Mirtazapine 45mg at night. managed to hold out till 11 before took next dose. its hard to describe the symptoms, just a need in the body - a sort of internal shaking if that makes sense? but I do feel much better than yesterday, a bit fuzzy headed but have taken your advice about not comparing the two! lol. probably did this because of all the info out there telling you the lorazepam /diazepam equivalents. onwards and upwards! :)

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 01:22:22 PM »

Prescribed for the same reasons but different drugs.  Valium is 'old hat'  ;) .

I have a fuzzy head every day, a small price to pay if medication keeps the depression at bay and helps ease anxiety surges. 

Little steps!

theresalou

Re: lorazepam withdrawel help needed UPDATE!
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2016, 09:40:45 AM »

Update on the previous posts- am finally off the diazepam! :D . Took my last dose last Sunday 3rd and even tho still suffering some withdrawal symptoms I feel sooo much better off them- they did the job when needed but GP's really do need to be more responsible and supportive when dishing out !!. Thank you ladies for your advice and support- it was invaluable.

Taz2

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »

Well done! Thanks for letting us know.

Taz x  :foryou:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4