Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Surgical menopause  (Read 2273 times)

Lucy-Mae

Surgical menopause
« on: January 19, 2016, 03:27:20 PM »

Hi, as anyone been through surgical menopause? I am 3yrs post total surgical menopause,&him really struggling with anxiety,depression & insomnia. Anyone got any advice? Many Thanks

Anjia

Re: Surgical menopause
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:06:23 PM »

Hi yes  I had the same op around the time you did, I at the moment am struggling with HRT its stopped working I have been on Patches for the last six months before that the tablets I cant seem to get the dose right. For me its anxiety I find the hardest to cope with  and I also have flushes back at night keeping me awake Im 55 now so was hoping all this would settle but not at the moment it seems .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:06:59 PM »

Yep.  Several ladies here have experiences, I'm sure that they will be along.   :welcomemm:

There is a 'search' button if you don't want to wait.

Lucy-Mae

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 05:44:17 PM »

Yes,u sound like me, the anxiety is with me all the time,I have tinnitus,the most I sleep is 5hours, some nights just clock watching all night,it's driving me mad! ! I feel like my HRT has stopped working too, I was on Premarin 6.25mg post op. N then it was upped to 1.25mg, which I've been on ever since. Doctor gave me antidepressants but don't like the side effects, n just know it's depleted n unbalanced hormones. They agree but don't want to know. I'm a completely changed person, I feel like I've lost myself, n my family have lost me? Hope it gets better cus I can't live like this. Sorry for being so negative, it's just how I feel.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »

When did you last have a medication review with your GP/Practice Nurse?

GPs are being advised not to prescribe ADs as the first route for ladies with menopausal symptoms, but if a patient presents in the Surgery with depressive signs …….. I find that making a list helps to discuss clearly with my GP. How many GPs are in your Surgery Lucy-Mae?

lancashirelass

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »

Hi im in surgical.  Anxiety is pants.  I have a hrt implant and have to use prog as i had endo.  Its a shock to the system surgical is not an easy route.  What doseage are you on?

Anjia

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 06:45:02 PM »

Oh Lucy mae I have tinnitus to Its worse at night I wake up with it so loud in my ears drives me nuts! I don't want to take ADs because of the side affects anyway I don't have depression Its anxiety that's what I try and tell my gp I no how you feel though x

Lucy-Mae

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 07:13:03 PM »

There are 7 Gps in my practice. What's weird is, after my operation I was really calm, n then about 6 months in, I started being really tearful n sad, but didn't know why, that's when they upped my dose, I was ok until about 3months ago, n started having night panics, where I would wake up out of deep sleep, n have night sweats. That's when I went back to GP n they gave me antidepressants. I just wish there was more help out there for women who are in surgical menopause, because as u say it is a massive shock to the body, which the surgeon didn't say, he said it will make me a new woman!! I wished I'd never had it done, but too late now it's done n just got to find a way through.

lancashirelass

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 07:24:10 PM »

1.25 is not a high dose also oral is not great as it is absorbed by the liver so you dont get the full effect gel or patch would be better 2mg prob better

Lucy-Mae

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 07:44:17 PM »

Hi, 1.25mg is the highest dose  that they will give u on Premarin, yes I think I will ask about patches. I just wish this ANXIETY would stop, n have a good nights sleep, I have never had sleep problems in my life. R u ok on the patches?

lancashirelass

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 07:53:02 PM »

Premarin is also conjugated hrt made from horse urine.  Ask to swap to either another tablet or gel or patch as they are bioidentical.  I have an implant but pay for this every six months

Lucy-Mae

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 08:05:56 PM »

Yes I know. I will ask about patches. Thx for replies. :)

Anjia

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 08:33:29 PM »

Ask for a patch it could be better for you and you really need a higher dose its worth a try good luck x