Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Stress and Atrophy  (Read 2629 times)

Midnight Shadow

Stress and Atrophy
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:46:37 PM »

Do you think that the stress many of us are under makes our Atrophy worse? Mine has been better the last two days, not too good tonight. Found that the Estriol cream did make me burn a little so am now trying a little cetraben, it acts as a barrier cream.  I also spray myself in the urethral area when I have been to the toilet. I have made the decision to retire in July this year, so am hoping that a stress free life will keep my Atrophy at bay.  A stress free life will hopefully be the answer. Having said that I love the job that I have been in for 35 years. Thanks for your responses.

ancient runner

Re: Stress and Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »

Yes, I do think it makes it flare up. Mine was awful in the autumn when I was very busy with work, etc and calmed down over Christmas. It's remained not too bad as I'm trying to make more time for myself. I've been wondering about this myself.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »

Thank you for replying. When I was off work for 6 months with my Vertigo and balance issues, my Atrophy was nearly non existent. It has to be stress making it worse plus sitting on small plastic chairs in school. Mine wasn't so bad at Christmas either. Hopefully my vertigo and balance issues will subside too. You take care.

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 09:24:11 PM »

And you, shadowy one.  ;D

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 09:28:21 PM »

Ah Teresa, I hope and pray that you don't have it forever. I am 59 so nearly retirement age anyway. Suffer Menieres Disease and Vertigo too, so know it's the right decision for me. Take care.