Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello from a Newbie  (Read 1889 times)

BeckyBoo

Hello from a Newbie
« on: January 19, 2016, 11:24:41 AM »

Morning all

Well here i am with my prescription of Estradiol and in 2 weeks time i'm having a progesterone coil fitted.
I have at last been told i am perimenopausal after blood tests confirmed it.

I am only 42 and its no surprise to me as had to go through 2 rounds of IVF to have our beautiful daughter (age 5)
I've been struggling with getting very hot after eating and in the night. I went on the pill last year which worked well but every time i had my 7 day break i suffered with bad headaches and mood swings. I'm also suffering with dizziness and vertigo which might me due to my hormones.

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning more about this crazy stage of my life.

Becky   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello from a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:39:45 PM »

:welcomemm:   browse round, join in !

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »

Hello & welcome.  Hope you find the forum helpful.

dazned

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »

Hello  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 05:09:09 PM »

Hi BeckyBoo

:welcomemm: from me too.

What type of estradiol have you been given - maybe the gel? The beauty of the Mirena coil is that you will be able to adjust the oestrogen dose to suit you and hopefully minimise your symptoms. What were your blood test results and presumably they were done when you were not on the pill?

By the way there are better pills around such as Qlaira which several women on here have tried (incluidng Briony) - it also contains estradiol in varying doses but there are only 2 tablet free days so there is not the same dramatic dip as there is with the other CCP types. However transdermal HRT is the most natural way to get it into your system so hopefully it will all work out for you.

You must have been thrilled to be successful with IVF and to have a lovely daughter :)

Let us know how you get on...

Hurdity x

BeckyBoo

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 09:59:18 AM »

Thanks all for you hellos

Hurdity. Hi there

i've been given valerate 2mg. I start it on the 2nd once coil is fitted. My bloods came back as FSH 35 LH 14 (not on the pill)
I have been struggling with waves of heat for over a year now, mainly after i eat.

As for my IVF I am so lucky to have my daughter as i was a very low responder to the drugs. feel blessed to have her. 

I'm really hoping this helps me. I wake up every morning feeling sick and dizzy (waiting for an mri to make sure its not anything else)

BB

BeckyBoo

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »

:-\ OMG i have felt so tired today. felt like i was walking through treacle