Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HELP!! please tell me I am not the only one with all these fears  (Read 9811 times)

Sweetlittlemaiden

Re: HELP!! please tell me I am not the only one with all these fears
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 05:33:32 AM »

Hi I find that my mind literally'races'with loads of rubbish then I panic because I think I'm going mad!this can happen sometimes for a few minutes and other times lasts a couple of days! Menopause has a lot to answer for. 😤

Angel45

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »

Hi I am another one!!!

I have been to a 2 hour dog training session this morning and was shattered and out of breath after running around a 20 item course, really enjoyed it the dog was brilliant, I was 3 friends so had a little rest inbetween my go, but I have spent all afternoon worrying and googling about heart rate and taking my heart rate because it had gone up a bit, and got jelly legs, I feel like I have just wasted the afternoon

A

clio

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 06:53:50 AM »

Hii booboo, ive just started counselling for my worrying and negative thoughts.  Do you find its worse at night time??  I do but although it dosnt go away the next day it does lift alittle.  Sending you a big hug. x

Clio

Beckybecks

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 03:55:07 PM »

Definitely not alone!  Many of these posts could be me talking.
I have had general anxiety for over twenty years, followed closely by health anxiety, then along comes good old menopause. 

Six years along and it's not getting easier.  Way too many symptoms for my crazed mind to deal with now.

It really is hell.  And putting on a brave face, pretending to family and friends isn't easy but preferable to the pitying looks if you open up to anyone, where they get that knowing look "she's in menopause" .......  And that includes the Doctors!

clio

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 04:34:49 AM »

Babyjane......not fighting it sounds like a good idea, i battle with it constantly so will try your method when I next go into panic, I do try to talk and reason with myself.  I can be my own best friend and my own worse enemy.

Clio

Dorothy

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 11:49:50 AM »

If you keep worrying about different things all the time, it might be helpful to look back at previous worries and remind yourself that they were false, so this one probably is too. (Not so good if you worry about the same thing all the time!)

For example, most recently, I have worried about breast cancer, MS, bowel cancer, heart attack, MND, brain haemorrhage, brain tumour and the latest one was stomach cancer.  I just point out to myself that the other 'symptoms' went away and I'm not worried about them any more, so the 'symptoms' of this latest 'illness' will probably go away too, and if not, I can go to the GP next week...of course, by next week, I have a new range of symptoms and a new illness to worry about, so I repeat the conversation with myself.   

Funnily enough, when I'm really ill, I don't have any health anxiety.  I started a cold yesterday (soon as I'd got the Christmas dinner served, I started a sniffle and sore throat!) and am now coughing and sneezing all over the place and not worried about my health at all...  It's a solution - of sorts - but I'm not sure I want to live with a permanent cold  ::)

booboo

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 05:37:17 PM »

My 82 year old father tells me that we all have to die of something - which of course is true ... However!!  he has lived to 82 and never had any ops or serious illness ..
How do we overcome/deal with all the fears/anxiety that we experience in meno - that's what I would like to know

babyjane

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 03:48:49 PM »

Well in my case I waited until they overwhelmed me and I had a meltdown which is when I finally asked for help and told my family what was happening.  I am fortunate that they are supportive and my GP is helpful.

My son is taking me out on a coffee date on Sunday, just the 2 of us, to have a chat about how he can support me.

Dorothy

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 06:56:54 PM »

What a lovely son!  Well done to him for being so caring.  Hope you both have a lovely time.

Justjules

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 10:09:07 PM »

Ah, what a thoughtful son.  I have one like that and he is very supportive as he has had some anxiety himself. Have a lovely time with him...those moments are so precious for us Mums. X

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 04:02:25 PM »

Hi
I have this problem too. I frequently find myself browsing sites relating to particular conditions. My particular problem is related to booking holidays/renewing holiday insurance. I have never been seriously ill on holiday but have had several minor episodes which were enough to spoil the trip.
It is really difficult to get appointments at my practice, particularly if you want to see a specific GP. There is no continuity at all. Last time I asked, I was told that I couldn't request  a same day as it wasn't urgent but no advance appointments available at all. Try again next week. Their supposed online booking is useless. It just says "no appointments available, please ring the surgery".  When I do see someone, it is usually a new doctor and i have only 5 mins to cram it in so come across as nervous. I am reluctant to change GP practice as I suspect that it will be a case of "out of the frying pan......"

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 07:30:53 PM »

Katejo, can you book 20 min appointments at your surgery?  At mine if you want to talk about more than one thing or know it might be a bit involved we're encouraged to book 20 mins.  Mind you, how far off they are is another matter!

S x

Don't think so. They used to have notices on the surgery doors to say that only 1 symptom/condition could be considered in each appointment!  Not very holistic. I'd be happy to book an appointment 2-3 weeks ahead if i got to see a chosen GP for 20 mins but the practice refuses to do it further than a week. if you don't get one, ring again next week. Back in October, i saw 1 GP who asked me to make an appointment for the following week. I went to reception and was told that I would have to ring on the day. I explained what the GP had said and they grudgingly made an exception.
Pages: 1 [2]