Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2110 times)

Shar52

« on: December 01, 2015, 02:33:27 PM »

Hi I am 52 and after having a 'period' that lasted 6 months was relieved when it finally finished !  But after 5 weeks it started again.  With all the hot flushes, pins and needles, IBS glare ups, forgetfulness and BV and bladder infections, enough is enough.  I went to the Doctors and she went over the pros and cons of HRT and I decided to give it a go.  Taking Elleste Duet. I was on my period already but this stopped after the first couple of tablets.  After taking one week's worth, I have started my period again and boy do I know it!  I'm going to persevere with this but oh for a magic cure lol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »

:welcomemm:

Did you visit a GP whilst bleeding for such a long while?  10 days on and 10 days off for me for years was bad enough  ::)

How is the bladder?  Because oestrogen levels can cause dryness many ladies suffer vaginal atrophy.  Have your urine samples been sent to a Lab. for testing?  I think maybe that treatment for atrophy may give relief!  For me it felt like razor blades up there with a constant need to pee, the only place I felt comfy was on the loo so that all the muscles could relax !  We have threads about that here somewhere  ::)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »

Hello Shar2 and welcome to the forum.

Ah, the plea for a magic cure, I know it well!

There are many supportive ladies on this site who can help you on your journey so keep posting. In the meantime everyone says it is worth giving any HRT three to six months to see how it suits you. You may have struck lucky first time around (now wouldn't that be nice).

Take care.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »

Hi Shar52

:welcomemm: from me too.

Just wondered if the doc had suggested taking a look at your uterus etc to check all was well with reference to the recent long bleeding?

Hope the bleeding soon settles and ends up being regulated by the HRT anyway and that your symptoms improve!

Hurdity x

Shar52

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:40:34 PM »

Hi, thanks for your replies...yes I had a scan and blood test which all came back ok.  Just keeping a diary for the moment and keeping a positive attitude, keep smiling  :)