Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 4386 times)

Joyce

Re: Advice please
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »

Diet starts soon, well after Christmas.  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 05:46:12 PM »

Hi cubagirl - sorry not to reply on this thread as haven't been on here since Sunday but I think you know what my views are anyway!!! Just to say great news - and I am really pleased for you :). I presume this means that hopefully you will gradually be able to phase out the ADs as you phase in the HRT? I hope it does the trick.

Re weight and BP - unless you have a condition which leads to high BP hopefully you will be able to reduce this naturally - perhpas get a home monitor so that you don't get any nasty surprises? As for diet/weight - well this can easily be remedied if it becomes a problem - as you say after Christmas!

Hurdity x

limpy

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »

So pleased for you CG.
You swim regularly so hopefully BP etc won't be an issue.
Was this the GP you weren't too keen on seeing?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 07:17:17 PM »

:thankyou: 4 the update!  Eat as 'usual' …… I never add anything to my diet at this time of year  ::) as we eat well and have treats year round.  I know I ought to exercise more >looks at treadmill<  ::) ………..

Do you have a BP machine at home, I can't remember ………  :-\ sorry.  DH used to take his every morning at the same time before breakfast, jot down the results for the GP every 6 months.  He has White Coat Syndrome.

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »

I took BP before I left the house, 130/79. Fairly normal for me. GP reading 30 minutes later 145/80. He laughed & said he must remember to keep his horns under control in future.  ;D

Yeah I'll get it down like before & I'll get weight down too.

Just so glad he was on my side. I asked for it in writing.  :rofl: But at least he seemed to understand. May stick with him after all!

I know how you feel about such things Hurdity. I went into GP ready to do battle. I started wittering on about new NICE guidelines & no upper age limit, blah, blah. He took it all in & asked about my symptoms. He was convinced enough to print prescription there & then. I was gobsmacked to say the least. I said I was well aware of risks etc, but was fed up feeling soggy every time I had a flush.

So ladies it is worth fighting your corner, be it for HRT or otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:05:26 PM by cubagirl »
Pages: 1 [2]