Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Another timing question  (Read 1816 times)

Ohgoodnessme

Another timing question
« on: December 02, 2015, 06:14:40 AM »

My GP prescribed Femoston 1/10 and I have been waiting, impatiently, for day one of my cycle. Today is that day. When's best to take it? I was thinking of taking it at night

dahliagirl

Re: Another timing question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 11:05:14 AM »

I usually take mine at night, mainly because it means I can take it at pretty much the same time every day.  I find that the consistency of taking it at exactly the same time daily works best for me.

Ohgoodnessme

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 01:33:29 PM »

Thanks!

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 01:46:06 PM »

I take mine in the morning, as soon as I wake up. Since I wake up almost at the same time every day, this works just fine. I am on Femoston, too.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 07:02:58 PM »

According to the product info peak concentrations of hormones in the bloodstream occur several hours after taking it (varies a bit with different women I presume) so if there are going to be side effects, these would most likely be experienced during the night when you are asleep, if taken in the evening. However you may not have any side effects so morning would be fine as Milamam does.

Hurdity x

Ohgoodnessme

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 03:18:47 PM »

Thanks all. I decided to take them in the evening. Too much rushing around trying to make sure everyone's out of the house when they need to ge in the morning. Took the first one yesterday and have set a reminder on my phone for the same time every day! x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 05:20:43 PM »

Well done - it doesn't have to be exactly the same time every day though if bedtime varies.... hope they make you feel better :)

Hurdity x