Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Sports!  (Read 20736 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sports!
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2020, 06:24:09 PM »

Looks like we got out the wrong side of the same barn sheila99 ;-).  I have a wonderful button on my remote: it says 'OFF'  :whist:

Tnx goodness for fine weather since Feb..

sheila99

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2020, 08:37:03 PM »

The dog loves football. Back to the trail of dog snot along the TV where it's tried to catch the ball  :(

Joaniepat

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2020, 09:06:20 PM »

The dog loves football. Back to the trail of dog snot along the TV where it's tried to catch the ball  :(
:rofl: I'm sure don't begrudge the dog its enjoyment though!
JP x

CLKD

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2020, 10:02:38 PM »

;D.  many years ago my kitten watched the dance of the cygnets  - en pointe across the TV screen, disappearing Stage R - she went behind to see where the ballerinas had gone  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2020, 05:22:29 PM »

Ascot this week.  With no punters  ::)

I have an image of our Queen: sitting in a onesie with large fluffy sippers, sipping a cuppa in front of a large TV  ;D or does 1 think that her Maj will be dressed up in pearls and a hat .......... cheering from the comfort of her lounge.

Those that would normally attend have been asked to dress up and put photos onto various platforms, I think for Charity.

Cazikins

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2020, 10:30:23 AM »

Ascot this week.  With no punters  ::)

I have an image of our Queen: sitting in a onesie with large fluffy sippers, sipping a cuppa in front of a large TV  ;D or does 1 think that her Maj will be dressed up in pearls and a hat .......... cheering from the comfort of her lounge.

That's what I did but without the onesie. Watching it on TV doesn't make as much difference as I thought actually. You still have the commentary etc - it's when they cross the finishing line that you'll notice it as
that's where most of the race goers are.

Can't wait to get back trackside & have a little flutter or 2 with my race going buddies.

Two hoots

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2020, 10:10:13 AM »

Lots of sports back this weekend

Strade Bianchi - cycling
British grand prix
FA cup final

Im happy  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2020, 10:54:18 AM »

How R U watching F1 - it seems to very restricted considering fans aren't supposed to be travelling.  Apparently  >:(

Sergio Perez has tested positive but Racing Point have 2 other drivers to choose from ........... instead of the whole Team being sent back to base which is opposite the Circuit. 

Two hoots

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2020, 11:08:34 AM »

I think Hulkenberg has has Perez’s seat for the race, but Perez will probably miss next weekends race as well.
I havent watched practice yet.

CLKD

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2020, 11:10:31 AM »

Found it!   Looks hot there ;-). 

CLKD

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2020, 11:41:47 AM »

Apparently Perez returned to his country as his mother had been involved in an accident.  Mexico.

So mayB the team should have given him some Leave 'cos his mind won't be on the job anyway! 

No team spirit there then, a) no respect for his sponsors, manager, engineers and b) no thought for the costs to the Team should they not get expected results this next couple of weeks. 

As with Joffra Archer, I would sack him on the spot! However: with football all the Team could be carried on a coach to the next venue and incarcerated into an Hotel? so that no one gets the chance to slip off to see his dog/s .........

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:46:53 PM by CLKD »

Two hoots

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2020, 07:36:53 PM »

Im going to look out for Lando Norris, his helmet design was done by a 6 year old  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2020, 07:40:05 PM »

They showed that earlier ...... especially for Silverstone apparently.  Wish that they would pronounce Silverstone properly  >:( they miss the 'e' off the end  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Two hoots

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2020, 08:32:19 PM »

;D Would you like me to make a list of mispronounced welsh words  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2020, 07:50:43 AM »

;D .......... what on TV Sports ?  Or in the public at Large (though we aren't supposed to be at large right now )
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10