Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breast Screening  (Read 6087 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast Screening
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 09:03:07 PM »

So your worry isn't theirs - phew!  I prefer the guinea pig story though  ;D

Good Luck!

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 10:44:48 PM »

Thanks! :)

toffeecushion

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 06:37:53 PM »

Was wondering how you got on. hope everything is ok

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 06:57:52 PM »

Thank you for your concern. All is well. There was concern about my left breast (always the one that causes problems) . The angle of the original mammogram was different from previous mammograms and they needed to have a closer look. The hospital machine is able to give a different view, which showed nothing of any concern. The doctor showed me the different mammograms and why they needed to check. She also used the ultra sound to be absolutely sure. It's actually very reassuring that they were being very cautious. I think I shall sleep better tonight!

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 07:09:14 PM »

So pleased for you Ju Ju    :cheer:
Enjoy your sleep tonight

toffeecushion

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 07:56:26 PM »

What a relief and very reasurring

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 09:06:26 PM »

The celebratory meal was ………

:great:

Ju Ju

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 09:19:12 PM »

That's Friday. Physio tomorrow, then pre op assessment on Friday. I have to work for this meal!   :D DH has gone to a football match!

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 09:20:51 PM »

Time to decide what you fancy to eat then!

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 06:45:25 PM »

Just received a letter asking me to go back for another mammogram tomorrow, after a routine mammogram. At least I haven't time to worry. I just hope it has something to do with the machine as it went on strike while xraying my left boob. Trouble is I had arranged to see my parents. They will be worried sick if I tell them why I can't come. My sister died of breast cancer. I need to think of something better than I'm not feeling well. There's no need to worry them unless there's no choice.

I had the same back in March. Was it your first mammogram? It is more common to recall for the first as they have nothing to compare the scan with. Mine was a false alarm. They thought they had found a lump but the 2nd one found nothing. Good Luck!

Ju Ju

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »

I've had several mammograms both before age 50 and after, so they had plenty to compare with. I had a breast lump years ago which proved to be benign, plus my sister died of metastatic breast cancer, so I was a bit twitchy, but all is fine. My friend has been recalled 3 times since age 50, for an area of dense tissue. This did put things into perspective. I'm grateful that they are so careful.

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »

I've had several mammograms both before age 50 and after, so they had plenty to compare with. I had a breast lump years ago which proved to be benign, plus my sister died of metastatic breast cancer, so I was a bit twitchy, but all is fine. My friend has been recalled 3 times since age 50, for an area of dense tissue. This did put things into perspective. I'm grateful that they are so careful.

Very pleased to hear the good news!
Pages: 1 [2]