Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Constantly tired  (Read 2555 times)

Alififi

Constantly tired
« on: November 25, 2015, 07:52:08 AM »

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone else suffers from tiredness.  I sleep pretty well (I think) always waking up early for a pee at about 5ish and maybe have a hot flush at the same time (I get these intermittently through the day), but I seem to be waking up tired all the time and cant shake it through the day.  Has anyone else had this, please?  How do you cope and any suggestions for improving this feeling would be gratefully received.

I have recently had blood tests and apart from my cholesterol going down to 4.8 from 7.2 (yay!) everything else was normal ..... help!! ???

Hurdity

Re: Constantly tired
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 08:43:14 AM »

Hi Alfifi

Sorry to hear about your tiredness

I was going to make some suggestions but I see I did so on your other thread when you first posted so here it is:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29762.msg475484.html#msg475484

I also suffer from morning tiredness and morning fogginess in particular but once I've got going - and after about an hour and a half I am fully engaged and energetic - esepcially if I do something energetic first thing in the morning which seems to get my metabolism going.  I am on systemic HRT ( patches etc) as well as a bit of testosterone, and take lots of exercise as well as eat a very healthy diet. I have lost weight recently so I am now right in the middle of healthy BMI and I am sure all of these things help. Also don't have any great stress in my life that is causing worry at the moment.

In my case the docs cannot find any reason for it - although I definitely know from my TSH readings that my thyroid function is not as good as it was although still in the normal range, so this could be an explanation.

If you can't shake off the feeling of tiredness at all during the day it's time to look in more depth at what's going on. Do have a look at your other thread.

Hurdity  x